Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How to customize “WebFOCUS Auto Prompting Facility” webpage?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How to customize “WebFOCUS Auto Prompting Facility” webpage?
 Login/Join

posted
How to customize “WebFOCUS Auto Prompting Facility” webpage?
//

When I run a procedure which has parameters, a HTML webpage shows up “WebFOCUS Auto Prompting Facility”.

Now I want to customize the HTML page. (add some features)
1. can I do it?
2. how can I do it?
3. I did some research. But I cannot find the HTML file - "http://txs9312037:80/ibi_apps/WFServlet".

Address (shows in web browser) : http://txs9312037/ibi_apps/WFServlet

////////////////
When I click “view” -> “source”, I can find the code below.

//
According to the project (HTML, Javascript) I did before,
Usually :
action="abc.htm"
////////////
Sincerely hope someone can help me!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
What version of Webfocus are you using?

Posts: 118 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: June 12, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Version: 714

do you have any idea?
Thanks!

posted Hide Post
code:

form onSubmit="RestoreSubmit();return PostWFForm(this);" method="post" name="WFDescribeForm" id="idWFDescribeForm" action="http://txs9312037:80/ibi_apps/WFServlet"

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The autoprompting uses a number of files contained in \ibi\WebFOCUS71\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\describe. It uses .js, .css, .xsl. I haven't done this so I can't say exactly what to edit. I do know that in the WebFOCUS Administration Console under Configuration -> Parameter Prompting, if you change the file setting for IBIF_external_xsl from &IBI_HTML_DIR/javaassist/ibi/html/describe/autoprompt.xsl
to &IBI_HTML_DIR/javaassist/ibi/html/describe/autoprompt_old.xsl
(Clear memory cache, you may have to cycle the web server), this changed the autoprompting page back to the plain page that existed in previous versions. So something that is connected to this file can be customized.
A word of caution though - these are "system" files meaning that if you change them, they get lost when you do a software update. You will have to re-evaluate whether your changes are still valid and change the files again. I would advise against it -- but then I've done some things with the WF environment that I myself would advise against. :-)

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Following Darin's comments, the file that could be changed with least danger and most effect is autoprompt.css. In there you can change the colors, logo, images, fonts and borders etc. This is where I would start if I had to. The xsl and js files would be very sensitive to arbitary changes.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
<JJI>
posted
Hi,

It depends on what you want to change. I have some experiance in customizing this autoprompt html screen. I've changed the "run in a new window" default. Now it is always checked. You can also change the number of rows that are visible in a multi selectbox. The default for that is 3 I changed it to 5.
I believe there is no doc on this. What exactly do you want to change? Some of the things you want to change you can find on this forum.

Let me know what you need exactly.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What we need to do is:
expanding the date selection with a calendar selection.

Is there anybody knowing how to do it?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
For what you're needing to do, the best route would be creating HTML launch pages. All procedures that are going to utilize the autoprompt factility are not going to have a date field.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I went through the same thinking as LisaQQ when I started into webfocus. Luckily enough, someone told me to use the HTML forms functionality.

You can link your .fex to an html form and it will create drop downs or listboxes (or whatever else you specify) for each amper variable the .fex is expecting a value for. You can customize that using the webfocus html form editor.

If you want even more functionality you can even href into a webfocus .fex from any html page. There's a few posts on this functionality in this forum...and this will allow you to use ASP or PHP as well.

Good luck!

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I so totally agree with Darin and Jason.
Build your own launch pages... its easy and you're limited only by your imagination.
The wf autoprompt screen is for you, as a developer, to do your own work.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I will add to those who suggest creating your own HTML launch pages. Allowing something else to do the prompt generation for you never gets you exactly what you want.

IMHO.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
When we moved on to creating our own HTML launch pages, all sort of possibilities became available. We were able to make them nearly fool proof. And with some of our users, we needed that.

They are giving you excellent advice when they urge you to create your own HTML launch pages.

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

Posts: 301 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: July 07, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I so totally agree with Darin, Jason, Susannah, and Mgracken. Go Glenda...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Add me to this list. Creating your own Lauch Page is great. You can customize to your hearts content. You can add Javascript for editing etc.

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We have autoprompt customised to a great degree in that useful stuff like showing the report has been submitted and the report title appear.

We have passed the customisations onto ibi so they might appear in a later release.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post