Focal Point
Advanced graph editor fails

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3887077506

June 21, 2011, 10:32 AM
Dave
Advanced graph editor fails
Hi all,

When I start by advanced graph editor it fails with error:
Unexpected behaviour...
Details:
Code: 5000 Type: xChartProperties
java.lang.NullPointerException

It used to work, nothing changed.
I've tried:
Cleaning browser cache
Cleaning java cache
Updating java
Use a different source
( even a very simple CAR sample )

Seems like it once crashed for some reason, doesn't work ever since.

We have this at multiple workstation on the working on the same environment.
( worse : some DO work.. )

Anybody any experience with this?

June 21, 2011, 11:20 AM
Francis Mariani
One thing you shouldn't do is update Java - Dev Studio relies on a very specific version of Java, and, as I learned the hard way, upgrading java can make a mess of Dev Studio.

I'd check to see if there are any hot fixes for your version of Dev Studio, though, in my experience, those have also made a mess of Dev Studio.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 21, 2011, 01:38 PM
trob
I have had this happen in the past and it usually it was related to the release of java I was using. Check your java version and look for multiple installs of java. Sometimes you may have JDK and SDK so you may be updating the wrong one. If you are running a local WFS then check the dos window when you startup. Sometimes it will list Java related problems.

------------------------------------------
DevStudio 8.2.03
WFS 8.2.03
June 22, 2011, 03:18 AM
Dave
Thanks so far,

But I really not have much choice when upgrading java. It's windows-policy enforced centrally. ( and I'm not an admin on my system )

But that's doesn't seem te be the problem. Collegues have the same version and it works fine there.