Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Filtering issue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Filtering issue
 Login/Join

posted
I've been having an issue with a dashboard I'm implementing. There's an ibiList of departments on the side. When a department is selected, the corresponding XML's location is given to an ibiDataGrid through seturl. There are then 3 ibiComboBoxes that are used to filter the data. The content of each combobox is pulled from a different column in the datagrid and the list of selections is different for each department selected. I've got ibiParent set to the datagrid and ibiFilterParent set to the department list. I'm also using mainCanvas.reloadData() on the datagrid when a new XML is selected.

The problem I'm having is that when I switch between departments, sometimes the comboboxes do not load the selections for the newly selected department. They only display the selections available from the previously selected department. The weird thing is that the dropdown does have the right number of rows, but they'll be empty. I know the data is actually there, but it's not displaying!

For example -
Dept 1 has a dropdown with selections A, B, C.
Dept 2 has D for the same dropdown.

If I click on Dept 2, then the dropdown properly shows just D. But, if I then if I click on Dept 1 the dropdown shows: D, blank, blank (should be A, B, C). If I then select D (which should be A), the dropdown will actually then show A, B, C, and filter for A.

Has anyone seen anything like this before, or have any suggestions? I can't find anything on the issue I'm having. Frowner

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 5 | Location: 229 | Registered: December 17, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Agh, I just read the posts about the signatures/versions. I'm pretty new to Adobe Flex, and know practically nothing about WebFocus. All I know is that I'm using an XML file generated from some WebFocus thing, and I need to use these special components to use the XML file.

The user guide I've been using as a reference says this is WebFOCUS Enable for Adobe Flex. I'm coding in Flash Builder 4 but using Flex 3.5 and my OS is Windows XP.

WebFOCUS Enable for Adobe Flex
Windows XP

Expert
posted Hide Post
So you do not have WebFOCUS Enable ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what that means exactly...all I know is that another group uses WebFOCUS to create an XML that has the data I need to use in my dashboard, and that I need to use the special WebFocus Flex components to use that data.

Windows XP

Expert
posted Hide Post
WebFOCUS Emable is IBI's Flex add on that will handle the XML files from WebFOCUS, and also display the reports.

Are you developing the Flex component ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm developing with the Flex components.

Windows XP

Expert
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I have not worked with WebFOCUS Enable, so cannot help on that front, perhaps someone else in the forum has some experience.

I would suggest checking out the documentaiton of WbeFOCUS Enable, perhaps there is something in there.

Or put a case in with IBI if you can't solve the problem.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

posted Hide Post
I was afraid it would come down to this as there doesn't seem to be much on these forums about the flex components. Thanks anyway! Smiler

Windows XP

Expert
posted Hide Post
Apart from the IBI flex components, you may be able to check out some Flex forums.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984