Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Unable to access JS through approot

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Unable to access JS through approot
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have all of my web content housed under approot. I hate it when it imports the files into the domain because when I update them I have to remember to update it everywhere. During my conversion to WF8 I am having trouble getting my webpages to accept my files in approot. I get a Permission Denied error now. Does anyone have any thoughts short of having to import all of the files from approot into the domains? Is there a different way to accomplish this now in WF8?

this is an example of my current Script tag that I use.

<script src="/approot/jquery-ui/js/jquery.js"></script> 

If I use the editor I get

<SCRIPT id=ITEM4 type=text/javascript rtFileName="/WFC/Repository/Apollo_Global/Guided_Adhoc/jquery-ui.js"></SCRIPT>  

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eric.woerle,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I used AppStudio 8 GUI to create an HTML page and pointed-and clicked to add the CSS and JS that are in one of our approot folders. The GUI added the same script link as yours, pointing to the repository.

In our case, it did not copy the pointed-to file from approot to the repository and therefore the page failed to run properly.

FAIL.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to ask for clarification...

We call jQuery and other .js files located in the 'common' application from our repository content.

All of our uses of jQuery is within the -HTMLFORM construct. For example:
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<html>
<head>
<title>My Title</title>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/approot/common/jquery-1.4.4.js"></script>
<script>     
$( document ).ready(function() {        
    alert( "Hello FocalPoint" );
	                           });     
</script>
</head>
<body>
Hello World.
</body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END  

We did not need to make any changes to the calls as we migrated from 7 to 8.

It sounds like the issue here is when the call is supported by the WFDS HTML Composer/AS Canvas tool.

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Expert
posted Hide Post
Beautifully hand-coded:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/approot/web/jquery-ui-latest-custom-min.js"></script>

Reasonable pointed-and-clicked in DevStudio 7.7.05:
<SCRIPT style="Z-INDEX: 0" id=jQueryUI type=text/javascript src="/approot/web/jquery-ui-latest-custom-min.js"></SCRIPT>

Awfully pointed-and-clicked in DevStudio 8.0.08:
<SCRIPT id=ITEM5 type=text/javascript rtFileName="/WFC/Repository/manageme/std_reports/zfmarianitem/jquery-latest-min.js"></SCRIPT>
This was generated by DevStudio 8 HTML Composer after I pointed-and-clicked to a file in the Web Applications area of the Explorer tree. The JS file was copied to the repository - not at all what I want to happen.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Abominable code generated by point-and-click in AppStudio 8:
<rootxmlnode focoption="_FOC_NULL"><html_elements><html_body thumbnailscale="4" use_appl_css="no" maptype="0" autofitchildren="no" mobiledocument="no" edaconnectionrequired="false" ibiapp_app="std_reports/zFMariani2" ismre="1" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/manageme/std_reports/zFMariani2/fm_dummy_appstudio8.htm"><html_event eventname="load" eventhandlername="window_onload"/></html_body><html_element bindcontrolid="text1" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" elementtype="4"/><html_element rtFileName="cgipathsub/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/default_theme.css" type="cssfile"/><html_element rtFileName="cgipathsub/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/ibi.css" bindcontrolid="IBI_THEME_CSS" desc="Information Builders" type="cssfile"/><html_element rtFileName="/approot/web/jquery-latest-min.js" type="script"/></html_elements><variables></variables><input_controls></input_controls><requests></requests><other_bound_objects></other_bound_objects><tasks><task id="load" trigger="load"/></tasks><animations></animations></rootxmlnode>
This points to a file that was not copied to the folder specified in the ibif_ex link.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the clarification, Francis. I now understand what you and Eric are reporting.

Just guessing...Maybe the reason that the .js being pulled into the repository, is that the gui can expose its functions at design time?

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Expert
posted Hide Post
Except that AppStudio is not copying the file to the repository, so the page fails.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
So just to be clear, I'm not asking why is the file not being copied to the repository, because it is. That is working fine. my point is that I don't want to have to do that. I want to continue using approot as you have in your example David, but I am getting an access denied error. Do you know if there was a setting that might need to be adjusted David that would allow me to open up approot a bit? Is there some security around it that I might not be aware of?

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Eric, sorry to have hijacked your post. Security is all new in WebFOCUS 8 so I unfortunately cannot help. My environment settings for the Web Component Authentication is set to "None" for DevStudio 7 and "IWA" for DevStudio 8/AppStudio 8.

IWA appears to be new for WF 8.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
No Problems. I do agree with what you have been saying BTW. Unfortunately I'm selfish in that I need to get this conversion moving so I can put this pain behind me Smiler.

It seems that every single report that I built in 7703 doesn't work in 8008. So many changes. Just gotta make my way thru one problem at a time. Once I've converted I see good things ahead. Its just getting through this conversion.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Master
posted Hide Post
Hey Francis,

I did check the Web Component Authentication, but that is purely for how you are connecting with Dev Studio. That has no bearing on the client. I am looking for a setting more on the Administration Console side that might be impacting my ability to do this.

Thanks!

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Master
posted Hide Post
I finally got this working. I ended up having two issues. My first issue was with Tomcat having some bad files in the Work directory. I flushed it out and let it load new and was able to start accessing my JS files. I still wasn't able to get to my CSS files though and therefore thought I still had an issue with my JS files. I ended up deciding to try putting my CS links to the end of my HEAD tag, and what do you know? It worked. I have no idea whats going on or why that worked, but my guess is that whatever new process the IBI is using to grab their CSS files somehow kept mine from getting downloaded (There is some new JS process to bring them down). By putting them at the end of the HEAD tag, I'm guessing that it allowed the JS process to complete and not conflict with the download of my CSS files.

Anyways. It works now... This is an oddity i'll have to remember for the future.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Eric,

Missed this as I have been out of circulation for a few weeks.

How are you adding your files? If manually using the text editor then, for CSS files at least, you could save yourself some grief by using the "Insert - CSS/Scripts..." menu option in the Dev Studio menu when HTML Composer is open. This will place your CSS file(s) where you need them, towards the bottom of the head section.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your response. I am aware that I can use the "Insert - CSS/Scripts" menu option, but that option will copy and put the file in to the content area. I currently reference all of my scripts through approot, so that wouldn't work for me. Also this file that I am working with is one that was converted from 7.7.03 HF7.... My assumption was that HTML would continue to act as HTML regardless of the version. What I found out was that WF8 steps on my HTML somehow at run time, which forces me to place it in a different part of the head tags. Poor design if you ask me.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2