Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Systems variables for Modify

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Systems variables for Modify
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all.

I have been searching high and low for hours, but I am not able to anything on my question.

I am looking for any system variables I can call after having performed a modify operation, so that I can do some automated control if the modify was succesfull or not. Like the "&LINES" you can check after a PRINT/SUM operation to se how many lines you got out of that operation.

I would like to be able to check how many lines were:

* Updated
* Inserted
* Rejected

Does anyone know these variable names, or if they even exist?

Thx for your help, and merry x-mas.

Brgds
Jørgen Enger Fjellin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.0
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 4 | Location: Norge | Registered: February 04, 2014Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hello Jorgen,

From the MODIFY manual:
Dialogue Manager Statistical Variables
After you execute a FOCUS request, FOCUS automatically records statistics about the execution in
specially designated Dialogue Manager variables. Since these variables do not receive values until after
execution is completed, they are not useful in the requests themselves. However, you may use them in
FOCEXECs after execution (that is, after the Dialogue Manager -RUN control statement).
The variables that pertain to MODIFY requests are described in the following table:
Variable Description
&TRANS Number of transactions processed.
&ACCEPTS Number of transactions accepted into the database.
&INPUT Number of segment instances added to the database.
&CHNGD Number of segment instances updated.
&DELTD Number of segment instances deleted.
&DUPLS Number of transactions rejected because of an ON MATCH REJECT condition.
&NOMATCH Number of transactions rejected because of an ON NOMATCH REJECT condition.
&INVALID Number of transactions rejected because transaction values failed validation tests.
&FORMAT Number of transactions rejected because of format errors.
&REJECT Number of transactions rejected for other reasons.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Danny.

Thank you so much. You just made my day! Exactly what I was looking for.

Have a merry christmas, and a happy new year when time comes!

WebFOCUS 8.0
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 4 | Location: Norge | Registered: February 04, 2014Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jorgen,
You are welcome!
Do you have the MODIFY manual?
If not, I suggest you download it or I can send it to you.
Best wishes,

Daniel
In Focus since 1982

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Danny,

Can you pls send me MODIFY manual?
My ID ==> maran@tigmatech.com

Thnaks.

WebFOCUS 8201m
Windows,AppStudio, DevStudio,All Outputs

Posts: 86 | Location: India | Registered: November 03, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Maran,
Sent!

Daniel
In Focus since 1982

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Got it!!!
Thanks Danny!

WebFOCUS 8201m
Windows,AppStudio, DevStudio,All Outputs

Posts: 86 | Location: India | Registered: November 03, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Just in case ......

Modifying Data Sources With MODIFY

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post