Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WebFocus 8.2 issues (upgrade from 8.1)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WebFocus 8.2 issues (upgrade from 8.1)
 Login/Join

posted
Dear WebFocus developers and super-users Smiler

Last week we have upgraded our WebFocus from 8.105m to 8.201m version. Overall, the upgrade process was smooth but we have noticed some strange behaviors in 8.2 version. Below, please find some explanations and in the attachment please find screenshots.

1. After a user enters/selects input to any report, report runs and "RUNNING..." buffer is showing up notifying the user that report run (that's good). Although this Icon never disappears or do not notify that report output is done. In conclusion, some users are not aware that report is already generated and it was downloaded into local file when "running..." icon is still there active and showing "Running..."

2. Reports created via 8.1 version (previous version) when open and modified in App Studio and saved via Save button, report code adds additional ";" at the end of WHERE statement for no reason. This results in report crashes. Is there a reason why simple adjustment in report produces some unexpected ";" in the code?

Please let me know if any of You found similar issues and if there are potential fixes for it. I have notified IBI Support on this already and waiting for response.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.201

Posts: 23 | Location: MI | Registered: October 06, 2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23 | Location: MI | Registered: October 06, 2016Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
This is going to be a great string to be a part of Thomas. We are in the works of upgrading from 8105M up to 8201M and though we have done it once on our migration set up, it didn't go too well, so we are trying it again this week.
Thank you for pointing out some of your known issues, I'll keep you guys updated on what we come across as well!
Thanks again for starting this,
-Larissa

Version: 8.2.03M, OS/Platform: Windows 7 & 10, Output: Excel, pdf, html

Posts: 63 | Location: Liberty Lake, WA - USA | Registered: June 23, 2016Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thomas,

I've run into your problem 1 before. When I went to 8.0.08 this popped up for me. I found that I had to change my redirect settings for Excel files. Its been a while, but I believe I had to change it so that the file was saved on the server temporarily and then pushed to the client. I don't know why this is. Seems like a bug to me, but I think it came in 8.0.x, not necessarily an 8.2x issue.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Thomas,

We had about 10 or so issues related to 8.2 being implemented. Some major, some not.

Most have been resolved at this point, or are being fixed in the release of 8.202, so the good news is that if you work with support you should be good shape.

There's only one issue outstanding at the moment which appears to have something to do with the reporting server completely wiping out the app path when making changes to it using either the App Path button in reporting server or doing a Configure App Path from within App Studio.

I believe this is just because of how we have things positioned in the edasprof file, but support is still working through it.

Production: WebFOCUS 8.202M
QA: WebFOCUS 8.206.01
Windows/SQL