Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]"Please add at least one field to the report."

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]"Please add at least one field to the report."
 Login/Join

posted
We are running WF 8105m on a AIX PSeries box. Using Info Assist(and not going into edit mode)I am trying to create and then report off of multiple hold files. After I have created the first hold file when I click on the "File" option in the format section of the tool bar a message appears that says, "Please add at least one field to the report." which stops me from going any further and prevents hold file 2 from being created. I have looked back at older posts and found others have had similar problems but I have yet to find a resolution for this. Any help would be appreciated. I have not yet opened a ticket with IBI for this issue. Thanks in advance. Mike@UConn

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

Currently WebFocus 8.2.06 Linux / Oracle

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi MikeLong,

Can you provide the version of WebFOCUS 8105 that you are using? You will find this at the top right corner of the main Welcome page, select "About WebFOCUS".

I am using WebFOCUS 8105M Gen 194 and created a simple report against the IBI CAR file with a HOLD file which is working.

Is there an error message along with the "Please add at least one field to the report" ?

How many fields did you add to the report? Did you add any defines or computed fields?

Just trying to get a idea of what you are doing before you get this message.

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Are you joining to another table and concatenating, or editing the joined fields in a Define before holding the data?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cimmerian,

WebFocus 8.2, IA+, Windows 10, HTML

Posts: 56 | Location: UT | Registered: December 01, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tamara,

I apologize for the delayed response, I was out for a short while.

We are on WF8.1.0.5 branch 8105m build/gen 44 Build/Gen date 1/13/16.

I have successfully created multiple hold files within a single focexec and have reported off of those hold files. In a few limited cases I get the "Please add at least one field to the report" error message.

I am joining several files, 7 of them, prior to holding the first file. I am using computes in the first hold and then use defines in the second hold. When I try to create my 3rd hold file, call it HOLD3, I am getting the error message. It is not always consistent when it will appear but I can reproduce the error.

Currently WebFocus 8.2.06 Linux / Oracle

Guru
posted Hide Post
MikeLong,

Thank you for the response.

This is a known issue which does have a resolution by applying a hotfix to WebFOCUS 8105M

If you would like this hotfix can you please open a case on the IBI Technical Support Center

Add in the info as you have here and we can add the file update into the case.

You can request the case be assigned to me.

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,

Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I can confirm (unfortunately) that this error will always occur when joining to another table and splicing (and other things) it's fields within a define. I have been able to get around this using computes (which can get tricky when using sorts) and creating permanent hold files which can get tricky once you want to automate a report. I am hoping that this issue is solved in a later version of InfoAssist or InfoAssist+.

WebFocus 8.2, IA+, Windows 10, HTML

Posts: 56 | Location: UT | Registered: December 01, 2015Report This Post