Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Subtotal Display Type

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Subtotal Display Type
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I am trying to get the subtotal of the following example to display in D12.2 but I want the Margin column to remain D12.4. I need the precision to the subtotal to remain at 4 decimals but then only round up or down on the final value of the subtotal when it is displayed and not rounded for each row of data, I only want the subtotal to round up based on the D12.4 values. Does anyone know how if this possible? I have been reading the manual and other posts on this forum to try to figure it out and I am at a loss. Not a fan of how rounding is taken care of thus far unless someone can enlighten me. Smiler I wrote the following to try to get close what I am looking for(thanks in advance to anyone willing to take on my challenge):

DEFINE FILE CAR
MARGIN/D12.4% = ((RETAIL_COST / DEALER_COST)-1.00)*100;
SPACER/A1 = '';
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT 
 DEALER_COST
 RETAIL_COST
 MARGIN
BY SPACER NOPRINT
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
BY BODYTYPE
BY SEATS
ON SPACER SUBFOOT
"<+0>ST MARGIN:<+0><ST.MARGIN"

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=SUBFOOT, OBJECT=TEXT, LINE=1, ITEM=1, POSITION=FUND_CLASSIFICATION,JUSTIFY=RIGHT, SIZE=9,COLSPAN=6,$
TYPE=SUBFOOT, OBJECT=FIELD, LINE=1, ITEM=1, POSITION=FUND_CLASSIFICATION,JUSTIFY=RIGHT, SIZE=9,COLSPAN=1,$
ENDSTYLE

END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: neuro,

Currenly working @ Learning Circle Education Services
Previously worked @ Nationwide Insurance
Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Test: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Posts: 125 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: March 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Neuro,
This should do the trick:

DEFINE FILE CAR
MARGIN/D12.4% = ((RETAIL_COST / DEALER_COST)-1.00)*100;
SPACER/A1 = '';
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT 
 DEALER_COST
 RETAIL_COST
 MARGIN
BY SPACER NOPRINT
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
BY BODYTYPE
BY SEATS
ON SPACER RECAP
STMARGIN/D12.2%=MARGIN;
ON SPACER SUBFOOT
"<+0>ST MARGIN:<+0><STMARGIN"
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=SUBFOOT, HEADALIGN=BODY, $
TYPE=SUBFOOT, OBJECT=TEXT, LINE=1, ITEM=1, JUSTIFY=RIGHT, SIZE=9,COLSPAN=7,$
TYPE=SUBFOOT, OBJECT=FIELD, LINE=1, ITEM=1,JUSTIFY=RIGHT, SIZE=9,COLSPAN=1,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Nonetheless, I would use the following RECAP instead:
ON SPACER RECAP
STMARGIN/D12.2%=((RETAIL_COST / DEALER_COST)-1.00)*100;

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This worked. I had to go with Packed Decimal format as well use your code. Thank you very much!

ON SPACER RECAP
STMARGIN/P12.2%=MARGIN;

Posts: 125 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: March 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
This is a very good approach. I was also needing the same kind of formatting, and Focal point members provided me the similar solution.
Thanks.

7.6.11, Windows
Excel, HTML,PDF

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I like to think that by taking the time to write a CAR example helps with getting responses rather just blurting out a question and hoping blindly for an answer. Plus visual representation helps too! Tried to do my due diligence to show I was giving an honest effort. Wink Thanks again, Daniel, the solution is working great!