Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]AS: Create optional prompt on a field w/o including it in report canvas

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]AS: Create optional prompt on a field w/o including it in report canvas
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I am new to WebFocus and trying to create a report on App Studio where I have a summary report which drills down to a detailed report.
I need to create an optional multi-select prompt on a field called 'Vendor' but I do not want to include it in the report canvas in the summary report (because it is further detailed information and thus setting it to noprint would also not work). When a hyperlink is clicked on the summary report, I need to be able to pass any selection made for the 'Vendor' prompt as filter to the detailed report as well.
Is there a way to pass selected value(s) for optional prompt in a hyperlink to another report, without including the field on which the prompt is created in the report canvas?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Shweta

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I'm not sure I completely follow you.

-You have a drill down from a Summary fex to a detail fex
-You want the user to have the option to get a prompt from this drill down that gives them a list to choose multiple?

Do you mind using the auto prompt or do you want to pass them to an HTML page?

Below is for an autoprompt:

If I have this correct, one option would be to set a filter WHERE statement with a dynamic parameter with the values embedded in the WHERE statement in the detail report on it's own line.

From the drilldown:

Set a drill down menu option that will not include the auto prompt. For this drill set the auto prompt parameter to Constant Value = 'FOC_NONE '. (You may want to read up on FOC_NONE and _FOC_NULL)
This will cause the line to be ignored when this link is used.

Set another drill down menu option and do not include the auto prompt variable. When you run this link the auto prompt will pop up and the user will have to make a selection to continue.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

Also, let me know if you want to pass variables and open an HTML page with listbox/run button on it instead.

-Msondra

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 35 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 17, 2013Report This Post