Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Show only min and max on y axis

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Show only min and max on y axis
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi Folks,

I would like a line graph to show only the top and bottom values of the y-axis. For example, in the chart below there are 6 labels on the y-axis, they are 0, 20K, 40K... 100K. I would only like to show 0 and 100K. Is there a way to do this in the graph API?

-* File: IBFS:/WF DEV/WFC/Repository/Development/Chart7.fex Created by WebFOCUS AppStudio
-*IA_GRAPH_BEGIN
-*Do not delete or modify the comments below
*-INTERNAL_COMMENT LINE#0$PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iVVRGLTgiIHN0YW5kYWxvbmU9Im5vIj8+DQo8IS0tMS4wLS0+PFJvb3QgcmVsZWFzZT0iOC4yLjAuMSIgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4yIj4NCiAgICA8T2JqZWN0IG9iamVjdElkPSJUYWJsZUNoYXJ0XzEiPg0KICAgICAgICA8UHJvcGVydHkgbmFtZT0iTGlua2VkU29ydHMiIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5TdHJpbmciLz4NCiAgICAgICAgPFByb3BlcnR5IG5hbWU9ImNvbXBvbmVudEN1c3RvbVRpdGxlIiB0eXBlPSJqYXZhLmxhbmcuQm9vbGVhbiI+ZmFsc2U8L1Byb3BlcnR5Pg0KICAgIDwvT2JqZWN0Pg0KICAgIDxPYmplY3Qgb2JqZWN0SWQ9IkdMT0JBTCI+DQogICAgICAgIDxQcm9wZXJ0eSBuYW1lPSJTYW1wbGVEYXRhIiB0eXBlPSJqYXZhLmxhbmcuQm9vbGVhbiI+ZmFsc2U8L1Byb3BlcnR5Pg0KICAgICAgICA8UHJvcGVydHkgbmFtZT0iR2xvYmFsUmVjb3JkTGltaXQiIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5TdHJpbmciPjUwMDwvUHJvcGVydHk+DQogICAgICAgIDxQcm9wZXJ0eSBuYW1lPSJHbG9iYWxSdW5SZWNvcmRMaW1pdCIgdHlwZT0iamF2YS5sYW5nLlN0cmluZyI+MDwvUHJvcGVydHk+DQogICAgICAgIDxQcm9wZXJ0eSBuYW1lPSJHbG9iYWxPcHRpbWl6YXRpb24iIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5Cb29sZWFuIj50cnVlPC9Qcm9wZXJ0eT4NCiAgICAgICAgPFByb3BlcnR5IG5hbWU9ImZpZWxkRGlzcGxheU1vZGUiIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5TdHJpbmciPmxhYmVsPC9Qcm9wZXJ0eT4NCiAgICAgICAgPFByb3BlcnR5IG5hbWU9InByZWZpeERpc3BsYXlNb2RlIiB0eXBlPSJqYXZhLmxhbmcuU3RyaW5nIi8+DQogICAgICAgIDxQcm9wZXJ0eSBuYW1lPSJBY3RpdmVfU3R5bGVfVXNlcl90eXBlIiB0eXBlPSJqYXZhLmxhbmcuU3RyaW5nIj5wb3dlcjwvUHJvcGVydHk+DQogICAgICAgIDxQcm9wZXJ0eSBuYW1lPSJHbG9iYWxWYWx1ZXNQYWdpbmciIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5TdHJpbmciPjQ8L1Byb3BlcnR5Pg0KICAgICAgICA8UHJvcGVydHkgbmFtZT0iRm9jZXhlY1ByZWZlcmVuY2VzIiB0eXBlPSJNYXAiPg0KICAgICAgICAgICAgPEVudHJ5IGtleT0iZGlzcGxheVNsaWNlcnNUYWJFZGl0SW5mb01pbmlQcmVmZXJlbmNlIiB0eXBlPSJqYXZhLmxhbmcuU3RyaW5nIj5mYWxzZTwvRW50cnk+DQogICAgICAgICAgICA8RW50cnkga2V5PSJkaXNwbGF5U2VyaWVzVGFiSW5mb01pbmlQcmVmZXJlbmNlIiB0eXBlPSJqYXZhLmxhbmcuU3RyaW5nIj5mYWxzZTwvRW50cnk+DQogICAgICAgICAgICA8RW50cnkga2V5PSJhdXRvRHJpbGxTY3JpcHQiIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5TdHJpbmciLz4NCiAgICAgICAgICAgIDxFbnRyeSBrZXk9InJ1bk9uU3RhcnR1cERlZmVycmVkSW5mb01pbmlQcmVmZXJlbmNlIiB0eXBlPSJqYXZhLmxhbmcuU3RyaW5nIj5mYWxzZTwvRW50cnk+DQogICAgICAgICAgICA8RW50cnkga2V5PSJkaXNwbGF5RWRpdE1vZGVJbmZvTWluaVByZWZlcmVuY2UiIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5TdHJpbmciPmZhbHNlPC9FbnRyeT4NCiAgICAgICAgICAgIDxFbnRyeSBrZXk9ImRpc3BsYXlIb21lVGFiSW5mb01pbmlQcmVmZXJlbmNlIiB0eXBlPSJqYXZhLmxhbmcuU3RyaW5nIj5mYWxzZTwvRW50cnk+DQogICAgICAgICAgICA8RW50cnkga2V5PSJ0YXJnZXRBdXRvTGlua0luZm9NaW5pUHJlZmVyZW5jZSIgdHlwZT0iamF2YS5sYW5nLlN0cmluZyI+ZmFsc2U8L0VudHJ5Pg0KICAgICAgICAgICAgPEVudHJ5IGtleT0ibWV0YWRhdGFfdmlld3MiIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5TdHJpbmciPk1ldGFEYXRhVHJlZS5WSUVXX0RJTVM8L0VudHJ5Pg0KICAgICAgICAgICAgPEVudHJ5IGtleT0iZGlzcGxheURhdGFUYWJJbmZvTWluaVByZWZlcmVuY2UiIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5TdHJpbmciPmZhbHNlPC9FbnRyeT4NCiAgICAgICAgICAgIDxFbnRyeSBrZXk9ImluZm9Bc3Npc3RNb2RlQWxsb3dlZEluZm9NaW5pUHJlZmVyZW5jZSIgdHlwZT0iamF2YS5sYW5nLlN0cmluZyI+ZmFsc2U8L0VudHJ5Pg0KICAgICAgICAgICAgPEVudHJ5IGtleT0iZW5hYmxlQXV0b0xpbmtJbmZvTWluaVByZWZlcmVuY2UiIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5TdHJpbmciPmZhbHNlPC9FbnRyeT4NCiAgICAgICAgICAgIDxFbnRyeSBrZXk9ImRlZmF1bHRfcHJldmlld19wYWdlbGltaXQiIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5TdHJpbmciPjU8L0VudHJ5Pg0KICAgICAgICAgICAgPEVudHJ5IGtleT0iZGlzcGxheUluc2VydFRhYkluZm9NaW5pUHJlZmVyZW5jZSIgdHlwZT0iamF2YS5sYW5nLlN0cmluZyI+ZmFsc2U8L0VudHJ5Pg0KICAgICAgICAgICAgPEVudHJ5IGtleT0icnVuT25TdGFydHVwSW5mb01pbmlQcmVmZXJlbmNlIiB0eXBlPSJqYXZhLmxhbmcuU3RyaW5nIj50cnVlPC9FbnRyeT4NCiAgICAgICAgICAgIDxFbnRyeSBrZXk9ImRpc3BsYXlMYXlvdXRUYWJJbmZvTWluaVByZWZlcmVuY2UiIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5TdHJpbmciPmZhbHNlPC9FbnRyeT4NCiAgICAgICAgICAgIDxFbnRyeSBrZXk9ImRpc3BsYXlJbnRlcmFjdGl2ZU1vZGVJbmZvTWluaVByZWZlcmVuY2UiIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5TdHJpbmciPnRydWU8L0VudHJ5Pg0KICAgICAgICAgICAgPEVudHJ5IGtleT0iZW5hYmxlSW5mb01pbmlfU2F2ZSIgdHlwZT0iamF2YS5sYW5nLlN0cmluZyI+dHJ1ZTwvRW50cnk+DQogICAgICAgICAgICA8RW50cnkga2V5PSJkZWZhdWx0X3ByZXZpZXdfcGFnZWxpbWl0X2xheW91dCIgdHlwZT0iamF2YS5sYW5nLlN0cmluZyI+MTwvRW50cnk+DQogICAgICAgICAgICA8RW50cnkga2V5PSJkaXNwbGF5U2xpY2Vyc1RhYkludGVyYWN0aXZlSW5mb01pbmlQcmVmZXJlbmNlIiB0eXBlPSJqYXZhLmxhbmcuU3RyaW5nIj50cnVlPC9FbnRyeT4NCiAgICAgICAgICAgIDxFbnRyeSBrZXk9ImRlZmF1bHRfY29tcG9z
*-INTERNAL_COMMENT LINE#1$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
-*Do not delete or modify the comments above
ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
SET PAGE-NUM=NOLEAD
SET HTMLENCODE=ON
SET ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART
SET EMBEDHEADING=ON
SET GRAPHDEFAULT=OFF
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_UNITS='PIXELS';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT='405.0';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_WIDTH='770.0';
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
GRAPH FILE car
-* Created by Info Assist for Graph
SUM CAR.BODY.SALES
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET UNITS &WF_STYLE_UNITS
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS &WF_STYLE_WIDTH
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH LINE
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0);
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false);
setPlace(true);
setUseSeriesShapes(true);
*END
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, BUCKET=x-axis, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, BUCKET=y-axis, $
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
setDisplay(getY1Label(),true);
setAxisDescending(getY1Axis(),false);
setDisplay(getY1AxisLine(),true);
setDisplay(getY1ZeroLine(),true);
setExcludeMinLabel(getY1Label(),false);
setExcludeMaxLabel(getY1Label(),false);
setSmoothLines(true);
setConnectLineMarkers(true);
*GRAPH_JS_FINAL
"pieProperties": {
    "holeSize": "0%"
},
"blaProperties": {
    "seriesLayout": "absolute"
},
"agnosticSettings": {
    "chartTypeFullName": "Line_Absolute"
}
*END
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

-*IA_GRAPH_FINISH

I've searched for something like this, but its hard to search. I'm not getting the results I need.

Oh, and I want to keep the grid lines I have now. I just want the yaxis labels between 0 and 100K to show up.

Thank you,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shingles,

WebFOCUS 8201, SP 0.1, Windows 7, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What can be possible to do is something such as this
1- Extract the max value of your data (pre-process)
2- Hide the y-axis label and tics
3- Create a reference line at the maximum value + 1K (to insure that the line will be over the maximum value)

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I searched the unintuitive IBI docs for probably over an hour, and gave up. Then used jQuery and and in 10 minutes I have a solution. I just let WF do it's thing and then manipulate after it has loaded. MSFT browsers behave differently than normal modern browsers, so I included different scenarios depending on what browser the end user is using. I tested it on Chrome, FF, Edge, and IE and they all seem to work.

Try inserting this at the bottom of your code:

-HTMLFORM BEGIN NOEVAL
    <script src='https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.3.1.min.js'></script>
    <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/UAParser.js/0.7.18/ua-parser.min.js"></script>
    <script>
        new UAParser();
        var browser = $.ua.browser;

$.fn.removeLabels = function() {
            $("text[class^='yaxis-labels']").not(':first').not(':last').css('visibility', 'hidden');
        }

$(document).ready(function () {
            $("#CHART_0_wrapper").prepend( $("div[id^='jschart_CHART_0']") );
            $("#CHART_0_temp").remove();
            if (browser.name == 'IE' || browser.name == 'Edge' ) {
                $.fn.removeLabels();
            };
        });

$(window).on('load', function () {
            if (browser.name !== 'IE') {
                $.fn.removeLabels();
            } else if ( browser.name !== 'Edge' ){
                $.fn.removeLabels();  
            };
        });

$(window).resize(function(){
            $.fn.removeLabels();
        });

</script>
-HTMLFORM END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hallway,

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
-HTMLFORM BEGIN NOEVAL
<script src='https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.3.1.min.js'>
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/UAParser.js/0.7.18/ua-parser.min.js">
<script>
new UAParser();
var browser = $.ua.browser;

$.fn.removeLabels = function() {
$("text[class^='yaxis-labels']").not(':first').not(':last').css('visibility', 'hidden');
}

$(document).ready(function () {
$("#CHART_0_wrapper").prepend( $("div[id^='jschart_CHART_0']") );
$("#CHART_0_temp").remove();
if (browser.name == 'IE' || browser.name == 'Edge' ) {
$.fn.removeLabels();
};
});

$(window).on('load', function () {
if (browser.name !== 'IE') {
$.fn.removeLabels();
} else if ( browser.name !== 'Edge' ){
$.fn.removeLabels();
};
});

$(window).resize(function(){
$.fn.removeLabels();
});

-HTMLFORM END

That worked thank you!

I've seen such solutions (using jquery) a few times in the forums. Does anyone have a resource they could share that talks to using jquery with webfocus? Anything I should know before I delve into it too deeply? Are there any limitations?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Upon further inspection it appears this doesn't work consistently. It really seems intermittent, which doesn't make sense. Still looking into it...

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I searched the unintuitive IBI docs for probably over an hour

Come on Hallway, this took me 2 minutes Wink

setGridStepAuto(getY1MajorGrid(),false);
setGridStep(getY1MajorGrid(),100000.0);

@ Shingles,

If you only want max and min labels, then you might want to do a little pre-processing to calculate the max and min values that you want and/or, of course, the interval. Then just read these into your process as variables and use them within the PFJ code.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
@TonyA LOL. I did see that, and tried that at first. I even did a hold file to grab the max value to a parameter and use that to keep it dynamic instead of hard coding a static value.

However, when reading the OP:
quote:
Oh, and I want to keep the grid lines I have now.

I got to thinking that maybe they wanted the actual major grid tick marks on the Y-axis and the method you have removes them.

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shingles:
Upon further inspection it appears this doesn't work consistently. It really seems intermittent, which doesn't make sense. Still looking into it...

Under what scenarios is it not working? What browser are you using? Is it intermittent in the same browser, or different behavior in different browsers?

I see in your post that you are missing the closing </script> tag right before the -HTMLFORM END

As far as jQuery goes, some great resource are:

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hallway:
@TonyA LOL. I did see that, and tried that at first. I even did a hold file to grab the max value to a parameter and use that to keep it dynamic instead of hard coding a static value.

However, when reading the OP:
quote:

I got to thinking that maybe they wanted the actual major grid tick marks on the Y-axis and the method you have removes them.

That's correct, I would rather keep the lines, but do away with the labels.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shingles:

Under what scenarios is it not working? What browser are you using? Is it intermittent in the same browser, or different behavior in different browsers?

I see in your post that you are missing the closing tag right before the -HTMLFORM END

As far as jQuery goes, some great resource are:

Ya its having a problem in IE. I have several panels that all use the same styling (via an include). Some of the tiles receive the styling like you have (with the middle labels removed) and others do not. If I refresh a tile that doesn't have the styling it may get it, but not always. Same with a tile that has the styling. If I refresh it may or may not pick it up.

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:

Minor tick marks placed on the outside of the axis?

setDisplay(getY1MinorTick(),true);
setTickStyle(getY1MinorTick(),3);

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ya its having a problem in IE.

Joking aside, I realize that you are probably required to use IE instead of a modern browser. Where IE is nearing the end of its lifecycle, it tends to be even more quirky than normal (especially if you are running the JS in multiple panels). In fact only the latest version of IE 11 receives technical support and security updates.

The suggestion from TonyA would be a lot more stable in an IE environment.

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Master
posted Hide Post
Using the expertise of TonyA, the following should get you the results that you need including the code to dynamically set the max value of the y-axis. This value is calculated by taking the max value of the graph and rounding it up to the nearest base 10 value (i.e. 88,190 to 90K or 112,987 to 120K )

-DEFAULTH &RND_UP_PWR10=0;
SET CENT-ZERO = ON
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CAR.BODY.SALES
COMPUTE EXPONENT/I11 = FLOOR( LOG( CAR.BODY.SALES ) / 2.303 ); 
COMPUTE PWR_OF_10/I11 = POWER( 10, EXPONENT ); 
COMPUTE COEFFICIENT/D12.3 = CAR.BODY.SALES / PWR_OF_10; 
COMPUTE RND_UP_COEFF/I11 = CEILING( COEFFICIENT );
COMPUTE RND_UP_PWR10/I11 = RND_UP_COEFF * PWR_OF_10;
BY TOTAL HIGHEST CAR.BODY.SALES NOPRINT
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY NOPRINT
WHERE CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY EQ &COUNTRY.(OR(FIND CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY IN CAR |FORMAT=A10)).COUNTRY.;
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN

-READFILE HOLD

ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
SET PAGE-NUM=NOLEAD
SET HTMLENCODE=ON
SET ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART
SET EMBEDHEADING=ON
SET GRAPHDEFAULT=OFF
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_UNITS='PIXELS';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT='405.0';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_WIDTH='770.0';
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';

GRAPH FILE car
-* Created by Info Assist for Graph
SUM CAR.BODY.SALES
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
WHERE CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY EQ &COUNTRY;
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET UNITS &WF_STYLE_UNITS
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS &WF_STYLE_WIDTH
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH LINE
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0);
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false);
setPlace(true);
setUseSeriesShapes(true);
*END
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, BUCKET=x-axis, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, BUCKET=y-axis, $
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
setDisplay(getY1Label(),true);
setAxisDescending(getY1Axis(),false);
setDisplay(getY1AxisLine(),true);
setDisplay(getY1ZeroLine(),true);
setExcludeMinLabel(getY1Label(),false);
setExcludeMaxLabel(getY1Label(),false);
setSmoothLines(true);
setConnectLineMarkers(true);

setScaleMax(getY1Axis(),&RND_UP_PWR10);
setGridStep(getY1MajorGrid(),&RND_UP_PWR10);
setGridStepAuto(getY1MajorGrid(),false);

setDisplay(getY1MinorTick(),true); 
setGridCount(getY1MinorGrid(),4);

*GRAPH_JS_FINAL
"pieProperties": {
    "holeSize": "0%"
},
"blaProperties": {
    "seriesLayout": "absolute"
},
"agnosticSettings": {
    "chartTypeFullName": "Line_Absolute"
}
*END
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

-*IA_GRAPH_FINISH

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Expert
posted Hide Post
I like the fact that you're using some new functions that many will not know about Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Expert
posted Hide Post
For finding new Functions in a release, check the online documentation via the "Technical Content" link on this page.

For the release that the above Functions arrived (WF 8.2.01M), check out this link. The new functions will generally appear under a "simplified ...." link.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
unintuitive IBI docs

Do you know what would be absolutely amazing? Is if IBI had a web page listing of ALL of the available built in functions and the WF release that they are available in, with a link to the documentation on the function. Shouldn't be that difficult.

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Expert
posted Hide Post
Do you mean something like these? -

HTML - PDF

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
unintuitive IBI docs

Do you know what would be absolutely amazing? Is if IBI had a web page listing of ALL of the available built in functions and the WF release that they are available in, with a link to the documentation on the function. Shouldn't be that difficult.

Thanks, Hallway, for the feedback and the suggestion! I will work with our Customer Success team to review the feedback and set up a CX project to address it.

If you are you available to speak to the team to provide additional information, please contact Customer_Success@ibi.com, and I can schedule the discussion. Thanks again for your feedback and suggestion.

Sincerely,
Sarah Buccellato
Web Content Developer, Technical Content Management
Information Builders

Master
posted Hide Post
@TonyA - Actually I was thinking something more like this:

With the function column having a link to the IBI documentation

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Master
posted Hide Post
I found this hidden gem today: Reporting Dynamically From System Tables

So I built a query to show all of the functions in your particular WF environment

TABLE FILE SYSSQLOP
SUM 
    FUNCTION_SYNTAX 
    FUNCTION_DESC 
BY CATEGORY
BY FUNCTION
BY FUNCTION_TYPE 
WHERE CATEGORY EQ &MYCATEGORY.(OR(FIND CATEGORY IN SYSSQLOP |FORMAT=A128)).Category.;
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF,$
TYPE=REPORT, LINES-PER-PAGE=UNLIMITED, TITLETEXT='WebFOCUS FUNCTIONS', $
ENDSTYLE
END

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that, very useful. Deserves a SHARING topic of it's own I think Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986