Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Developer Studio 7.6.2 and Vista

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Developer Studio 7.6.2 and Vista
 Login/Join

posted
Using Developer Studio 7.6.2 with Vista and Office 2007 is quite a challenge. I have not seen any specific suggestions for settings. My system is stand-alone behind a firewall. My WebFOCUS Server 'Security Mode' is OFF. My 'Enable Protected Mode' is unchecked. I saw IBI's settings for Security Mode ON (does mean OPSYS?). They said:

While running the WebFOCUS Reporting Server or DataMigrator Server with security ON, the following setting needs to be applied to Internet Explorer of the client PCs:
From the Tools option, select Internet Options. When the Internet options dialog opens select the Security tab and select Trusted Sites.
Ensure the option to Enable Protected Mode is unchecked and then click the Sites... button.
In the new dialog uncheck the option Require server verification (httpsSmiler for all sites in this zone, enter the machine host name and HTTP port that is used by the Reporting Server (http://machine_nameRazzerort_number/) and press the Add button.
Example: http://dev_server:8121/

I get multiple prompts and chastisements from Vista security when I run a focexec with PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K. Eventually the report is output, but it is a slow and less than automatic process. Should I switch to Security Mode OPSYS? I am not so worried about my system's security, I just want to get reports that do not take so much user intervention. Has IBI refined it's suggestions for security settings for Vista/Dev Studio 7.6.x/Office 2007?

Once I get a smooth running system I will report back.

Posts: 22 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: March 29, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice smiley faces. I guess that's what I get for cutting and pasting HTML from IBI???

Guru
posted Hide Post
Michael,

I think a lot of the chastisement is due to the fact that IE thinks that the browser is trying to open a "potentially" dangerous attachment - excel!

This has a lot more to do with IE and Vista than WebFOCUS security levels. Changing security to OPSYS won't effect the number of friendly reminders from Vista (Note: this is an assumption as I don't run Vista).

Have you added your server name to IE's Trusted or Intranet site lists? That should help in reducing some of the prompts, but you may need to look at the Security settings for Trusted or Intranet sites in IE (Tools -> Options -> Security -> Local Intranet -> Custom Level) They have numerours options there for prompting/allowing/disabling downloads etc.

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I managed to get it all running. I added the WebFOCUS server to the Trusted Sites and allowed pop-ups in IE. IE still complains about opening Excel because it is the wrong format. Anyway, now I am down to one or two IE interruptions before I see a report. That I can handle.