Focal Point
[CLOSED] frustrated new user

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3937016816

April 04, 2012, 11:58 AM
rf
[CLOSED] frustrated new user
stuck on what should be the simplest of things!

I have a financial report. I am on the matrix tab. I have added several 'accounts' (row type = tag) and a subtotal (row type = recap).

I want a darkened (heavy) line to go acoss the page separating the accout details from the subtotal I added.

I right clicked the subtotal row cell where my total is. (Note I tried the same process in the report title for the row). I went to options, selected: ROW then set the Top Border to HEAVY Orange.

When I run the report I ONLY get the heavy line just above my subtotal...not across the page.

What am I doing wrong????? Some of the code follows...

ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
TYPE=DATA,
LABEL=R9,
BORDER-TOP=HEAVY,
BORDER-TOP-COLOR=RGB(255 102 0),
$
TYPE=REPORT,
COLUMN=N2,
WRAP=6.000000,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

April 06, 2012, 10:45 AM
rf
anyone!!!!

April 06, 2012, 10:58 AM
Kerry
Hi rf,

If you can modify the subject line to something closer to the acutal issue, there may be a bigger possibility that you will get a better response from other customers.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
April 09, 2012, 11:37 AM
Darin Lee
I haven't used the matrix reporting for a while, but I seem to remember that there is a BAR component that can be added to matrix reports and then stylized. You might want to check that out. I also remember that I never had much luck with consistent appearance when I used HTML output so I switched completely to PDF output for matrix reports.

And a word of encouragement - sometimes "Frustrated" and "New" go together. Keep at it. When the "New" wears off, so does the "Frustrated." Good luck

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat