Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Loading, Please wait message on launch page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Loading, Please wait message on launch page
 Login/Join

posted
Since I'm trying to learn JavaScript myself, I don't go too far in my research and testing, I hope you can help me. Thanks.

My problem is quite the same as people discussed in 20006- I need to pop up a WAITING message while a long running fex is working, so the user is informed with the waiting time and will not stop or cancel the job.

I failed in my test with a few samples in 2006 postings, partially is due to the XML in my html pages.
I successfully add a EDITED message text and use the ON-CLICK ... visibile...
However, it doesn't work good at all since the message stay on the screen.

I guess you can help me, providing me with a working/good sample to save my life.

I'm using the dev stuio 7.16, please help

Posts: 11 | Location: LOS ANGELES | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Firstly, please update your signature with release and platform as per post on front page.

Secondly, if you want to start learning javascript then search for "ugly javascript" in google or your favorite search engine. It will give you a lot of the basics. I would advise learning and understanding those first before you try and play with extended stuff.

One problem with supplying "working/good sample" is that when it goes wrong, who will be supporting it.

The posts in 2006 to which you refer, all have sound methods and all work, but each one may be more suitable than another for a particular situation. Understanding the JS before you try these things will serve you better in the long term.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
just a redirect page, a js-free zone.

-DEFAULT &PARM1    = 'LUCY' ;
-DEFAULT &PARM2    = 'RICKY ';
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<html>
<head> 
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"
CONTENT=" 0 ;URL=http://localhost:8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet?
IBIF_ex=fexname&|PARM1=&PARM1&|PARM2=&PARM2">
</head> 
<body >
<table width="100%" height="*"
style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" >
 <tr >
<td valign="middle" align="center" style="padding-top: 100">

Go out for coffee, this is gonna take a while

</TD></TR>
</table>
</body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END

After zero seconds (CONTENT="0 ...)
the page will redirect to the page called by the fex...while that fex is running, your 'go for coffee' message sits nicely on the screen

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post