Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Strikethrough formating in the report header

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Strikethrough formating in the report header
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Good Day;

I am doing some conditional formating in the repot header of a report in the GUI. I am trying to fomat text with a strikethrough format. I have searched and the only information I have found is to do it in the HTML layout painter and that is for the lunch page. I want the format to occur in the report itself. Any suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus 7.6.4
SQL
HTML and Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
kfr,

There is not an option for using strike through within Report Painter, but if there was it would be accessible from the "style" tab within "Options".

If your output is -
  • HTML - then you may be able to add CSS styling to your output.
  • PDF - then check out Warren's (Waz) excellent method of controlling the PDF output.
  • EXL2K - hmmm, not sure.
T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info. Is there a way then to make text not appear with the condition. I orrigianly made the text white, but it still printed when it was sent to the printer...

Thanks

WebFocus 7.6.4
SQL
HTML and Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
There is a post on conditional text in the Forum as I remember posting an answer. You can use a DEFINE with an IF condition to set the contents of a field which you then put in the header. If your condition is true, the text will appear; if false, it will not.

DEFINE FILE filename
HDRLINE/A50=IF CONDITION EQ 'TRUE' THEN 'THIS IS MY HEADING TEXT' ELSE ' ';
END
TABLE FILE filename
HEADING
"<HDRLINE"
...rest of program
END  

Remember the above example is pseudo-code. You must customize it to your needs.

And please do some searching before posting.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks...

WebFocus 7.6.4
SQL
HTML and Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
As Tony says, HTML do it with CSS styling. With Excel, you should be able to to do the same with some of the techniques in this forum, requires the use of CSS.

For PDF, you could try this
TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
"TEXT<+0>————"
PRINT COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, OBJECT=TEXT, ITEM=1, POSITION=1,$
 TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, OBJECT=TEXT, ITEM=2, POSITION=1,$
ENDSTYLE
END

its not elegant, but works

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Waz,

Nice use of style! I guess we'd have to be careful on the use of overstrike character to get a clear output.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony, you are so right.

But, the nice thing with this technique is you can change the colour of the overstrike, make it bold, etc.

The only issue is proportional fonts, matching the number of characters may make the overstrike longer than the text.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If your desired output is HTML, you can apply it in your DEFINE, like:

NEWFIELD/A50 = '<strike>'||FIELDNAME||'</strike>'; 

Or with HTML5:

[CODE] NEWFIELD/A50 = '<del>'||FIELDNAME||'</del>'; 
[/CODE]

Hopefully this solves your issue after five years...

Bye

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup

Posts: 198 | Location: Amsterdam | Registered: August 24, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
i use this
.myline {text-decoration:line}

in my -HTMLFORM section
and put
TYPE=HEADING,ITEM=2,CLASS=myline, $
or somesuch in my fex.

i also put different class features, for fun, such as:
<STYLE>
a,a:visited {color:#456496 ; text-decoration:none}
a:hover, a:active{color:#BF0D23 ;  text-decoration:underline}
.domino {text-align:center; font-family:ARIAL; font-size:9pt;font-variant:small-caps; color:#000000; background-color:#F0F0F0;}

</style>

domino is my personal fav, it puts the text in smallcaps which is quite elegant delicious for titles.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post