Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Regd: FOCUS error
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

I am extracting the huge volume of data from FOCUS database to a flat file. While extracting it is abend with FOC198. The below message we found in the LOG file.
(FOC198) FATAL ERROR IN DATABASE I/O. FOCUS TERMINATING ERROR WRITING FOCSORT ,PAGE 262144 ,CODE=0000CCCC

I try to increase the Volume of FOCSORT to the MAX extent and also we are facing the same abend. Please let me know, how to handle this abend.

Thanks,
Rajesh.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Rajesh, tell us what version you are running and what platform.
Theoretically, with XFOCUS databases, there is no limit to the FOCSORT.
When your process abends, do you look at the agent directory to see how large the focsort file is?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Rajesh,
When extracting a huge volume of data, if possible use TABLEF instead of TABLE. In this way you bypass FOCSORT.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Rajesh,
This return code, CODE=0000CCCC, usually occurs when the page number is larger than 65535.
The file used for sorting by FOCUS, FOCSORT, is running out of space. Depending on which operating system you are on, you want to use an external sort program.
Check the ibi techsupport site for how this is done. Just search on the FOC198 and the code.
Rich

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012

Posts: 173 | Registered: November 16, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Rajesh

If focus has problems with the number of data, what do you expect the flat file will do.
I think that will bring you into other problems.
You might consider splitting up the whole thing is smaller sections.
(First count the number of records by logical fields like year-month or country)

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Depending on the release you are on, there is a 2 gig limit for FOCSORT. That does not mean 2 gig in records but 2 gig in total size so if you're working with very long records, you'll hit the 2 gig limit faster than you would with short records. We were also told that other 'stressors' on the system can affect whether or not 2 gig was actually available to you or not. It is my understanding that the 2 gig limit was to be expanded. Whether it was or not, I am uncertain. The suggestions to try using TABLEF and bypass FOCSORT, use an external sort, or splitting it up into smaller pieces are all good suggestions that I personally have tried and have been successful with. I would try the TABLEF first since being able to use an external sort is dependent on your platform. I would only try splitting it up into smaller pieces as a last resort as I've found that to be a little bit of a pain.

Data Migrator 5.3, 7.1, 7.6
WebFOCUS 7.1, 7.6, 7.7
SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
Windows

posted Hide Post
Hi All,

Thanks for your solution, It is worked fine.

Thanks,
Rajesh.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Rajesh,

Can you please let me know what is the resolution that you have done in your environment, to fix this issue.

I am also facing the same error when generating EXCEL reports.

Regards,
Suresh

WebFOCUS 8.0.05 - BI Portal, Developer Studio, Dev/App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5, Adobe Flex Builder, VBA

Posts: 47 | Location: Bengaluru, India | Registered: December 04, 2014Report This Post