Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] HTML Error
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I was wondering if someone could help me with an error I have when creating an HTML page. When I run the page, I receive an error "Message from webpage" "error loading of the file".
When I go back to look at the HTML code, I always see that the HTML composer (AppStudio) does something screwy with how the line breaks after 34000 or so characters. Can someone tell me how I can get around the GUI doing this? I've tried removing the line break manually, but that does not seem to do anything. Unfortunately I don't know enough about HTML to troubleshoot very well.
I have a page with 13 charts and about 16 different controls. In the code below, I recreated this error by putting a bunch of dynamic controls from the car.mas file. Warning, AppStudio likes to crash of you try to "open" this file after saving, so save any work beforehand.

< !DOCTYPE html>
<script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_OptionsScript
var szHtmlAlias="/ibi_apps/ibi_html";var is_mobile="false";var szRunTimeHtmlAlias="runTimeHtmlAlias";var cgipath="cgipath";var ib_composer="ib_composer";var map="ib_composer_map";var grid="ib_composer_grid";var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ib_composer);var nlsScript="/javaassist/nls.js";var glbScript="/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js";var replacePart="";
var scriptTemplate='<script src="'+replacePart+'" type="text/javascript"><\/script>';if(typeof(szRunTimeHtmlAlias) === 'string' && szRunTimeHtmlAlias.indexOf('/') == 0)szHtmlAlias=szRunTimeHtmlAlias;document.write(scriptTemplate.replace(replacePart, szHtmlAlias + nlsScript));document.write(scriptTemplate.replace(replacePart, szHtmlAlias + glbScript));<script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_ibigblloadCss
if(typeof ibigblloadCss === 'function'){ibigblloadCss(null);addIntlTranslatedJS("composertrans.js");}else {alert("JavaScript alias '/ibi_apps/ibi_html' is not valid.");window.location("about:blank");}HtmlPage<script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=clientEventHandlersJS

//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {

UpdateData();

// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload
< !--//confidential_id=focus_xmlelement

< ![CDATA[]]>< ![CDATA[]]>< ![CDATA[]]>< ![CDATA[]]>
< ![CDATA[]]>

< ![CDATA[]]>
< ![CDATA[]]>

--><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=updateHeadElements
if(typeof updateHeadElements === 'function'){updateHeadElements();}

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)

Posts: 83 | Location: OK | Registered: November 19, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Sorry to say, but several of us believe that App Studio v8.0.08 is not a usable development tool. The fact that HTML Composer does not put line-breaks at the end of closing HTML tags is one of many reasons why we feel this way.

One possible solution: While we were test-driving App Studio v8.0.08, I noticed that there were no line-breaks, so I opened the file in my favourite text editor (EditPlus), then opened a new blank HTML file in EditPlus, then selected all lines from the App Studio-opened file, copied and pasted into the new empty file. Suddenly it seemed hidden line-breaks were recognized by EditPlus. Then I copied the code from the second file back to the first file and saved.

Then I tested opening the file in the GUI and despite the warning message it seemed to open properly. Of course the line-breaks disappear and you might have to do the while rigmarole again.

This is one of the many reasons we stuck with Dev Studio v8.0.08.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Francis. I have indeed tried that with my text editor (UltraEdit) and it didn't seem to have any effect on it. I even tries to run the "HTML Tidy" function in UE and it didn't work. Maybe I'll have to check out EditPlus. Frustrating. Thanks

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
"HTML Tidy"

Sounds interesting

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
quote:
"HTML Tidy"

Sounds interesting

It does make it MUCH easier to read.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Evan

I agree with Francis. I would stick to dev studio with version 8.0.08. App Studio 8.1.05M is a much more stable version.

The bad news is that once you have saved a html file with App Studio it can not be opened with dev studio.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I would, but I'm a new guy who has most of my experience using AppStudio. I think we're close enough to 8105 or 82 that I'll try to forgo learning a "new" application Smiler Thanks

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Evan,

If you want to view/edit the text, try doing so from the web rather than through App Studio. I'm on 8.1.05M, but that works better for me.

Then, if you want to make it a little more readable, copy to Notepad++, or your favorite too, and do a regular expression search and replace with something like the following:

Search:(>) *(<)
Replace:\1\r\n\2

Doing so will, in my version, break one Javascript string near the top of the file. You'll have to re-join those two lines, and then you should be on your way. . .

Note to IBI: We shouldn't have to do this. It makes this customer cross.

- Rob

WebFocus 8201m on Windows; App Studio 8201; Procedures: WebFocus with SQL; HTML Parameter Pages & Dashboard; Output: Excel, HTML, & PDF.

Posts: 88 | Location: MI | Registered: July 23, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip Rob, I'll keep that in mind.