Focal Point
[CLOSED] Copy report caster schedules

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3957034016

September 29, 2011, 04:48 PM
daffuso
[CLOSED] Copy report caster schedules
We are looking to copy all the schedules from one RC user to another user.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7
Windows
Excel,PDF, HTML
September 29, 2011, 05:44 PM
Sayed
I don't think that's doable... But you can grobally update the owner which will transfer the jobs to the new user/admin.

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
October 01, 2011, 12:17 PM
FrankDutch
you can move the jobs as far as I know
i am not sure if you can copy a job

I can not produce the steps by head. Monday I am back at the office

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

October 02, 2011, 02:05 PM
jgelona
Seems to me that if you have the adapters, you can use TABLE or SQL SELECT to read them from one RC Repository to use MODIFY or SQL INSERT to load them into another repository.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
October 02, 2011, 03:05 PM
ABT
they're all assigned funky IDs (TaskID, PacketID, SchedID etc). It will probably not like copying them around.

Personally, I'd reassign the owner of the intended jobs to the intended user. I've done this before (on a small scale) with no negative effect.

- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro
October 03, 2011, 10:12 AM
BobSh
Look at page 100 of this document:
http://documentation.informati...p/wf71_migration.pdf

Once it creates the XML files in the temp directory, you could try editing them with a text editor and make changes if you need to but be very careful. If you want to change the owner, I would do a single search and then replace rather than a global search/replace.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05M, gen 144, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit, Tomcat 6.0.33, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, Excel 2013, PDF, HTML, FOCUS files.
October 03, 2011, 11:17 AM
BobSh
I wouldn't recommend using MODIFY or SQL INSERT as there are multiple tables associated with each schedule. If you don't have them all aligned correctly, you'll not have a useable schedule. The best thing is to extract the schedules and then modify the XML that is output. Then you can use rcload to load the records.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05M, gen 144, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit, Tomcat 6.0.33, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, Excel 2013, PDF, HTML, FOCUS files.
October 03, 2011, 03:01 PM
Dan McDonald
I work with Dana and we need to copy the existing schedules for year end report parameters. We only have one RC user that has all of the reports and schedules. We will probably have two accounting periods open so we want to keep all of the parameters the same for one period.

That's one reason for the request for help. The other is that we are constantly changing the report tasks (adding, deleting, etc.) and I would prefer that we have a user that we can call backup that has the copy if last month's tasks and parameters.

Dan McDonald
Version : 7.7.01
Platform:WindowsOutput : Excel, PDF, HTML
October 04, 2011, 05:31 PM
BobSh
The problem with wanting to have the same schedules but possibly under a different owner is that the schedule ID, the 12 character identifier that starts with 'S', would be duplicated and that may cause problems. Have you run this by IBI?

October 04, 2011, 05:51 PM
Sayed
I know I had a New Feature request for this few years ago with IBI. I guess not enough clients requested this for IBI to add it to the new version.

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
October 05, 2011, 08:17 AM
CLH
We have schedules that we like multiple people to be able to see/maintain and also a few that we want to preserve as the origional run.

We do several things depending on the situation.
Use CLONE to copy the schedules we then have one that is a backup and one they can change. Since the owner of the schedule is the only one that can see the schedules the owner knows the cloned one is the backup/origional. We also set up some generic owner id's so that 2 people can use this id without compramising the security on their "real" id. The reports are owned but the generic id.

Not sure if any of this helps but tossing some ideas out there.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows
October 05, 2011, 01:47 PM
Dan McDonald
I think we will run with the CLONE idea for now.

Dan McDonald
Version : 7.7.01
Platform:WindowsOutput : Excel, PDF, HTML
October 05, 2011, 01:57 PM
casper
Schedules are in SQL tables that store and the scheduling information. Just load the old into the new. BOTSCHED etc. You can find where your tables are store in the ReportCaster Server Configuration

WebFOCUS 7.6.11
All Outputs
Windows 2003