Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     PDF Drilldown In WebFOCUS 7.1.3

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PDF Drilldown In WebFOCUS 7.1.3
 Login/Join

<Paul Mueller>
posted
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can create a pdf file with a drill down and get results.

I have tried this and get an error message back from Adobe saying "an error occurred while trying to communicate with the web browser."

If anyone has any insight into this it would be appreciated.

I use Internet Explorer 6.0 (and a few other numbers) sp2 - I also use Firefox for non webfocus use - not sure if that is an issue or not.

Thanks for any help you are able to give.

Paul Mueller
St. Louis University
Business & Finance Division
314-977-2397

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Did you set the FOCEXURL parameter? I think that's needed for PDF and Excel drilldowns:

SET FOCEXURL=http://ocdt70070610:8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY COUNTRY

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF

ON TABLE SET STYLESHEET *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=COUNTRY, FOCEXEC=SSS, $
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You can determine what the URL should be by running a fex in HTML format and taking a look at the address bar of the web browser.

If you don't want to hard-code the server name and WebFOCUS program (Servlet or CGI), system variables can be set up that provide this information. (Take a look here: PCHOLD and file name )

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<Paul Mueller>
posted
Francis,

Thanks for the reply.

Well I am not sure about that - I need to ask the tech folks in our IT shop about it.

I can however create drill downs with EXCEL though, which tells me the parameter is set.

Now that I think about it, is it a system parameter or something I can do in my fex?

Thanks.

Paul Mueller
St. Louis University
Business & Finance Division
314-977-2397

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
SET FOCEXURL=http://ocdt70070610:8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet

You can hard code the FOCEXURL or you can use these WF System variables:

&URL_PROTOCOL, &SERVER_NAME, &SERVER_PORT, &SCRIPT_NAME

They are usually set up from the WebFOCUS Admin Console and are not set up by default.

-SET &FOCEXEC_URL = &URL_PROTOCOL || '://' || &SERVER_NAME;
-SET &FOCEXEC_URL = IF &SERVER_PORT EQ '' THEN &FOCEXEC_URL ELSE &FOCEXEC_URL || ':' || &SERVER_PORT;
-SET &FOCEXEC_URL = &FOCEXEC_URL || &SCRIPT_NAME;

SET FOCEXURL=&FOCEXEC_URL

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We've had one problem with this. There's a limit on the number of characters you can pass on the drill. That would include any hard values (in quotes) and the names of the variables. Try cutting down on the number of variables passed. Even if you have to combine several variable values into a single variable and then split it apart on the receiving end. Or you could maybe -WRITE the variable values to a file, pass the filename, and -READ them in the target program

dwf

Posts: 135 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post