Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] combine output with MORE and a DEFINEd field

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] combine output with MORE and a DEFINEd field
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I want to combine the output (flat file) of 2 TABLE FILEs. Thus, I’m doing the following:

TABLE FILE table1
WHERE filter
SUM fields
BY fields
ON TABLE SAVE FILENAME file.txt

MORE
FILE table2
WHERE fields
END

The above works fine. However, I want to make a slight change and use a DEFINE’d field instead of a real field in the SUM and BY. Thus, I put a DEFINE above the TABLE FILE and I used the DEFINEd field in the SUM and BY. That works fine if I just have one normal TABLE FILE. But if I want to use the DEFINEd field in the original, combined MORE, I get this error:

(FOC952) NO MATCH IS FOUND FOR THE FIELD OF MAIN REQUEST: REAL_NAME

If I put the DEFINE FILE above both the TABLE FILE table1 and the FILE table2, I get this error:

(FOC001) THE NAME OF THE FILE OR THE WORD 'FILE' IS MISSING

(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
(FOC1517) UNRECOGNIZED COMMAND FILE FY2019
(FOC1517) UNRECOGNIZED COMMAND WHERE VENDOR_NO GE '1000000000'
(FOC1517) UNRECOGNIZED COMMAND AND AOBJ GE '0101'
(FOC1517) UNRECOGNIZED COMMAND AND AOBJ LE '0220';

Is there a way to combine output using MORE along with a DEFINEd field?

Thanks,
Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: folkie,

WF 8.2.02
App Studio
DataMigrator
ReportCaster
Windows Server 2016

Posts: 42 | Registered: September 08, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you need to create your defined field for both table1 and table2. Did you try Something like this :

DEFINE FILE table1
DEF1 =
END
DEFINE FILE table2
DEF1 =
END
Then your TABLE FILE with MORE

Posts: 16 | Location: Information Builders France | Registered: May 22, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
When using MORE, all combined files must have the same number of field, same field name/format/length
Sample
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT RETAIL_COST
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
WHERE SEATS EQ 2;
ON TABLE HOLD AS TBL1
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT RETAIL_COST
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
WHERE MODEL CONTAINS '2 DOOR';
ON TABLE HOLD AS TBL2
END
-RUN

DEFINE FILE TBL1
FLD /A10V = 'TABLE 1';
END
DEFINE FILE TBL2
FLD /A10V = 'TABLE 2';
END
TABLE FILE TBL1
PRINT RETAIL_COST
BY FLD
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
MORE
FILE TBL2
END
-RUN

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Jean-Claude and Martin,

Thanks for both of your replies. I went with the first, and simpler one. I moved the 2nd DEFINE right under the first DEFINE and before the (first) TABLE FILE and it worked.

Thanks again.

Mark

WF 8.2.02
App Studio
DataMigrator
ReportCaster
Windows Server 2016

Posts: 42 | Registered: September 08, 2003Report This Post