Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED by IB] odd reportcaster error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED by IB] odd reportcaster error
 Login/Join

Master
posted
A user has a report that they have set up weeks ago that started emailing her this error on Saturday. The error has occured 3 of the past 5 days.

Schedule ID: S12nm8noan01, Job Description: Comm/Indust Written Tickets Except Rpt Completed with errors/warnings Server disconnected, cause 32026 Eda code -12 (EDA -12) Task error:ibi.jlink.EdaPcb: Pcb2.: ibi.ngxxj.NGException: local error (EDA -12) Task error:Error connecting to the Managed Reporting Repository:
No report to distribute.

there's reportcasts that run before and after it without issue, and there is nothing special about this report. Anyone have ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We have that error occasionaly and I've been given several theories as to why it occured...usually something was trying to access something at the same time. We usually just re-run and it's fine. I'm sure someone may have a more technical reason....

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
the report is based over a single table, which has no data processing (insert, updates, or deletes) on it after 2:00am, and the report in question is called at 7:00am.

we also have other reports based over the same table on this db2 database.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I recall saying the same thing...when I was given that theory. Did you try rerunning?

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
yes, it rerun's just fine. it even runs half the time through the scheduled task in reportcaster anyhow.

the problem is, we can't have a job that fails half the time and we have to rerun it manually. I hope that makes sense.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I would love an official answer from IBI as we are occasionally getting errors like this one.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
32026 is an error returned when talking to the reporting server. So look at the EDAPRINT log when this happened.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Task error:ibi.jlink.EdaPcb: Pcb2.: ibi.ngxxj.NGException: local error

Seems to be some communication timeout between caster and the server

Got this when Resource Annihilator, sorry Resource Analyser, was activated on batch jobs.
It occurred at random points in the job.

Disabled Resource Analyser and now it is not abending again probably because it does not have the time overhead of RA collecting statistics.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammo1j,

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Jason, this is tagged as 'Solved by IB' - can you tell us what the resolution was ?

I've got a situation of overnight schedules created by users via Reporting Objects failing but working when manually kicked off during the day

Thanks.

WF 8005 MRE BID RCaster DevStu PMF 5.3.1 Hotfix 5
XP Oracle.

Posts: 55 | Location: UK-London | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, we seem to have also this intermittent problem when running scheduled reports with ReportCaster.

We checked and Resource Analyser is not activated.

When it fails, we can run it again and it might work. When it doesn't and you compare the log sent by Caster with the first failed one, the error appears in a different line in the code... and so on.

Thanks for any input,

WebFOCUS 769
Windows 2003 SP2
Tomcat app server
Excel, HTML, PDF

Posts: 17 | Location: Montreal | Registered: March 05, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I know this is an older post, but for the recent comments, here's what we found. We also had this happen occasionally - especially when we had a lot of jobs that were running simultaneously or several that included pre- and/or post-processing steps. Being unable to determine why or get a straight-up answer from techsupport, we started through the Distribution server settings. One that we found that seemed to make a difference was the "Hold Connection" setting which was originally NO and we switched to YES, (This is under Report Caster - Server Configuration>>General>>Repository>>Hold Connection.

Here's what the RC Admin manual says about it:

YES - The database connection is kept
open throughout the execution of the
schedule, including obtaining Address
Book information and writing information
to the log files.
NO - The database connection is dropped
before executing the schedule. A new
connection is made after the schedule is
executed to obtain Address Book
information and write information to the
log files.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Darin for the quick answer. I have checked with my RC Admin and the HOLD CONNECTION is already set to YES. We have set it to NO and we still get the same behavior.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

WebFOCUS 769
Windows 2003 SP2
Tomcat app server
Excel, HTML, PDF

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone. Gonna jump in to add to this issue with a different variation I have been experiencing a similar problem with rc: random, intermittent errors (the hardest to figure out). Maybe the workaround I came up with can assist you.
We have rcaster jobs that ran for 2 years with no hitches. Suddenly, an OS tech level upgrade from 05 to 08 took place. IB says no reported bugs related. What I have come to learn is scheduling my reports a minute or two apart has alleviated this isssue (workaround? yes. solution? no!). We get socket exceptions, and other (several) different exceptions. Errors are intermittent, random etc. (the toughest to track down). I have a case opened with ib and I have run all kinds of traces, saw nothing other than the job starts and just goes on. Vendor concurs.
i was asked if I could possibly recreate situation in a simplified fashion. So I did by creating 2 simple rcaster schedules:
1: table file car print country end
2: table file car print car by country end
so for now I am still investigating
The key - run them simulataneously - error occurs. run them a minute apart - no problem.
Ira

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

posted Hide Post
Hi Ira, thank you for the suggestion but each of my schedule takes about 5 mins to run and I run them at 30 min apart.

I fell on this thread by searching for solutions:
http://forums.informationbuild...101006112#8101006112

It might help some people who have the problem but it doesn't work for me.

WebFOCUS 769
Windows 2003 SP2
Tomcat app server
Excel, HTML, PDF

posted Hide Post
Hi, I would like to share the cause of my error

I realized that a join was created using the same HOLD file, and the HOLD files was a USE filename.foc as HOLD. I have created 2 HOLD files using the same query to create the foc file and named them differently to use them in joins. Even though it's the same HOLD file, my problem seems to have disapeared.

Hope this helps those who have the same issue.

WebFOCUS 769
Windows 2003 SP2
Tomcat app server
Excel, HTML, PDF

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ok have a similar but different problem. We have RC job that has been running for past few years. It runs once a day and is responsible for creating lookup tables for WF and some other uses. I not sure when it stopped working, but today a user noticed that some changes she made were not visible in the HTML form. Upon inspecting the RC log, it has been failing for the past month (at least), giving the following error:
"Task error:Error connecting to the Managed Reporting Repository:".

When I go to RC to inspect what Fex is getting called, and what params are getting sent, I cant open the task t0 inspect the properties.

any ideas??

Lloyd Prendergast
Michael Kors (USA), Inc.
Phone: 201-453-5076
Fax: 646-354-4776
Lloyd.Prendergast@Michaelkors.com

WebFOCUS 523
WebFOCUS 7.6
WebFOCUS 7.7

Windows Server 2005
Windows Server 2008

Iseries V5R3M0
Iseries V5R5M0
Iseries V6R1M0

Posts: 157 | Location: Secaucus, NJ | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Good morning all. Been a few weeks since I last posted into this case with my Rcaster error. IB has it and it has bounced around a bit. They have 6 or 7 different traces (including jlink etc.), but no luck yet. Symptom: After we did an OS upgrade, suddenly we were no longer able to run concurrent Rcaster jobs without getting one of 2 different errors. Which error occurs and why - we are investigating:
(1) Socket Exception (2) Can't find post process

We can run any schedule and they work fine, however, running multiple within the same timeframe causes the above errors. Soon as I have something I will post.. Thanks, Ira

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

posted Hide Post
I have the same error and it is still not resolved.

ReportCaster Log Report Schedule ID: S124i8n34h03, Job Description: Load Quota Datamart

Process: J14d0oon8p46

Message Code Message Text

BTP1010 Schedule Executed Due To NEXTRUNTIME
BTP1020 Starting task: Load Quota Datamart)PROD)
BTP1020 Task type: MR Standard Report
BTP1020 Task domain: activati/activati.htm
BTP1020 Retrieving MR report: app/buildquo
BTP1020 Connecting to server EDASERVE with execution id webfocus
BTP1020 Executing focexec.
BTP1010 Task error:ibi.jlink.EdaPcb: Pcb2.: ibi.ngxxj.NGException: local error

We are getting this error intermittently, but the error was consistent on every Saturday morning.

Following are recent changes.

We were using 9.2.0.1 oracle client and now using 10.1.0.2 client. The oracle database was also upgraded from 10.1.0.3 to 10.2.0.4.

The Webfocus server is on VMWare.

Any thoughts? Appreciate your help....

Thanks

WF 7.67
Windows
HTML

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This says solved but I don't see how. I started experieincing this with one report also.

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF

posted Hide Post
Hi,

I am receiving that same error also. This is my log from my report caster report:

Retrieving MR report: app/enrollment_report_today_last_year_3
Connecting to server EDASERVE with execution id wfuser
Executing focexec.

Found out that is was the "SET BYPANEL = ON" command in my code. I am guessing that Report Caster does not support it when using it in my PDF document.

Julie

WebFocus 7.68
Windows XP and moving to the new version of Windows shortly
many output types (HTML, Excel, PDF, Word Pad, XML, etc).

Posts: 5 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: November 18, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Had another re-occurence of the error - caused by selecting EXCEL as output option witin RC. When I changed to EXL2K it worked fine.

WF 8005 MRE BID RCaster DevStu PMF 5.3.1 Hotfix 5
XP Oracle.

Posts: 55 | Location: UK-London | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post