Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Column manipulation in FML

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Column manipulation in FML
 Login/Join

posted
I'm new to the WebFocus product and I'm trying to create a financial report using FML in Developer Studio 7.6.2. Is there a way to place two items on one tag line or assign a column based on a condition?

WebFOCUS 7.6.2
DB2, V5R4
Output: PDF

Posts: 16 | Location: Des Moines, IA | Registered: December 04, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you mean budget and actual by "two items" then the answer is yes.

"assign a column based condition" like "if the value in column C5 is higher then C6 then C7 must be red font on a white bg else yellow on a black bg" the answer is yes too.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to back up a bit. How do I get data into C5 or C6? Right now all my data is showing in the same column, and only one per line.

WebFOCUS 7.6.2
DB2, V5R4

Posts: 16 | Location: Des Moines, IA | Registered: December 04, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Craig,

In this example I am summating two values from the source data and then computing 5 more columns.

In the RECAP I am replacing certain cells contents with a calculation by refering to the rows by the label that I attribute them with together with the column number.

Check out the FML documentation, it is fairly easy to understand.
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST
    DCOST
    COMPUTE COL4/D12.2 = ;
    COMPUTE COL5/D12.2 = ;
    COMPUTE COL6/D12.2 = ;
    COMPUTE COL7/D12.2 = ;
    COMPUTE COL8/D12.2 = ;
FOR COUNTRY
'ENGLAND'   LABEL Lab1 AS 'England'   OVER
'W GERMANY' LABEL Lab2 AS 'W Germany' OVER
'FRANCE'    LABEL Lab3 AS 'France'    OVER
'JAPAN'     LABEL Lab4 AS 'Japan'     OVER
'ITALY'     LABEL Lab5 AS 'Italy'     OVER
RECAP Lab1(3)/D12.2 = Lab1(1) - Lab1(2); OVER
RECAP Lab2(5)/D12.2 = Lab2(1) - Lab2(2); OVER
""
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
END
-RUN

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tony, in your example how do I get RCOST for 'FRANCE' to show up in COL4 and DCOST to show up in COL6?

What I want to do is condition the cell RCOST or DCOST would display in.

Keep in mind that I'm new to all this and don't know the Focus language...yet.

WebFOCUS 7.6.2
DB2, V5R4

Expert
posted Hide Post
Craig,

Check out the documentation, it has most of what you would need to get started plus a bit more.

You can use the search links at the top of this page or go to the main sie and search the technical documentation library Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tony, thanks for your help and advice. While this is a lot more work than I was lead to believe it's working.

Still having a few issues but working through them.

WebFOCUS 7.6.2
DB2, V5R4

posted Hide Post
Can someone tell me how to keep my Recap statements from renumbering when I insert a line in the middle of an FML report?

WebFOCUS 7.6.2
DB2, V5R4

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Graig
How do you add that extra line?
Do you type it into the source, or by using the GUI?

It does not exactly work like in excel.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I inserted it using GUI. I originally had my Recap statemtents grouped together. I've since moved each Recap right after the line it deals with.

WebFOCUS 7.6.2
DB2, V5R4