Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Page 1 2 3 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Testing 7.6 Issues
 Login/Join

Guru
posted Hide Post
Yikes! I will try and find a test case and let you know if that happens here. What type of database are you reporting against?

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2k3

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
We're on MSSQL Server 2000. Good luck!

Aaron M Reiff
Prod - WebFocus 7.66
Prod - ReportCaster 5
Win Server 2K/ISAPI/MSSQL Server 2K
--------------------
Test - WebFocus 7.66
Win Server 2003/TomCat/MSSQL Server 2K
--------------------
Dev - WebFocus 7.66

Posts: 43 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Aaron,

I've just ran several reports that bring in packed fields and my data and bottom line totals look OK. The focexecs that I've tested all call SQL Stored Procedures. I'll try some that return larger data sets and don't call stored procedures just to mix it up a bit.

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Carol

Do you have optimization turned off?

Aaron

Aaron M Reiff
Prod - WebFocus 7.66
Prod - ReportCaster 5
Win Server 2K/ISAPI/MSSQL Server 2K
--------------------
Test - WebFocus 7.66
--------------------
Dev - WebFocus 7.66

Posts: 43 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the delay, production first, testing second! We have OPTIMIZATION ON

I have not seen any issues with packed fields yet.

The Server time out is making me crazy though! And, sometimes I can test the data connections and sometimes I can't????

Carol

Expert
posted Hide Post
Carol,
server time out? whats happening exactly?
i had a server time out problem which i got help from a smart CSS guy for fixing...it was just an IIS setting, the number of seconds that IIS times out.. its set to some low number, like 90 seconds, but i changed it to 900 seconds...and that 15 mins is long enuf for my stuff. Could that be the issue? Hope it is, easy to fix, in IIS management.
Merry Christmas!

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Susannah,

Sorry for the confusion, I should have been more specific. When I open the WebFOCUS Reporting Server Console and do other stuff, then go back, the console times out. I just have to close it and open it.

While I have you.....(and you're the best!)
I have a program that has 3 passes of data and creates 3
ON TABLE HOLD AS filename HTMLTABLE

and then puts the 3 tables together in an -HTMLFORM BEGIN and -HTMLFORM END
which worked in 5.2 and now gives me a
FOC160 The Option after the word FORMAT in invalid: HTMLTABLE

AND

In the same program....there's a USE

USE
\\server\directory\filename.foc
END

When I prompt for variables to be passed into the code, the slashes from the USE statement are not in the echo. If I use a -SET to set my vars, the slashes remain in the echo of the USE Statement. Very strange! I don't do much with HTML, but this focexec is huge time saver in researching data. If I use a -SET to SET my variables the slashes remain in the USE.

It's fun yet frustrating!

Merry Christmas to you too, hope it's the best ever!

Carol

Guru
posted Hide Post
At least in 7.13, the server console time out should be fixable at:
Workspace->Configuration->Listeners->HTTP
right click to pick properties, change it at "Session Expiration".

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Carol,

The format should be HTMTABLE not HTMLTABLE so unless it's a typo it could be that easy to solve - but I doubt it.

Any more if you can give about it?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Changing my code to use HTMTABLE worked, thanks very much! That is if I use a
-SET for my variables.

When I use the AWFUL prompting screen my USE statement losses it's slashes so that may be a bug or something with the XML in the prompting screen.

here's the code....

USE
\IMPRS01\APPS\PMSDATA\PMDASTN.BU AS PMDASTN
END

here's the trace after using the prompting screen.

USE
\IMPRS01APPSPMSDATAPMDASTN.BU AS PMDASTN
END

This must be a bug! I'm going to open another case.

Thanks again and happy holidays!

Carol

Expert
posted Hide Post
ah..i see T got you all squared away on the HTMTABLE bit. FORMAT HTML is the way you do it if you have multiple choice drilldowns (DRILLMENUITEM)..just btw..
so..you're passing &vars into the fex and constructing the USE dynamically? Make sure your syntax is good... i do the same thing, works fine still (knock on wood).
-SET &COMPANY = 'TAHARI' ;
-SET &DEMAND = 'ORDERS' ;
USE
\\servername\&COMPANY|\&DEMAND|.FOC
END
make sure you've got the pipes and slashes after the &vars. the pipes just signal the termination of the &var name.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips Susannah!

My USE statement above was missing the first slash from the cut/paste of code, sorry! I have a case opened since the prompting screen is breaking the USE statement and removing the slashes in 7.6. I will post the outcome of the case. It breaks even without using amper variables. IBI is researching.

Carol

Expert
posted Hide Post
omg! i was going to up my test on win2k3 to 76 from 716. i guess i won't do that now! do keep us posted.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Will keep you all posted. Anyone know of any stoppers with 7.1.6?

We're trying to decide which release to try and upgrade to.

Thanks!

Guru
posted Hide Post
We just went from 7.1.4 to 7.1.6 and everything is copacetic.

Sandy Kadish
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We tried 7.1.3 and after several issues went with 7.1.6...seems to be more stable. We are going to go to 7.6 later in 2007, after it is more stable.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If I may return to an earlier discussion topic of this thread:

I agree that 7.1.x AutoPrompt-in-left-sidebar is horrid.

I've had a 'Run-OPnly-Once' issue with 7.1.3's AutoPrompt and I wonder it it's not related to the "single thread' stuff mentioned earlier:

I'm frustrated that any *.fex triggering autoprompt can be run only once! After I examine the output displayed in the right frame, and then close the whole window (so as to change the source code) by clicking in the upper right corner Windows "X" control, I've effectively hosed the whole MRE session! Once that window is closed, I can't run the same (or edited) *.fex again until I terminate MRE. My 2nd and following attempts to 'run' the procedure produce a series of 7 error pop-up boxes each saying "A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line nnnn. Error: aaaaaa". The LIne# and Error message are different in each pop-up, and if I respond "Yes' to any of them I'm thrown into a debug application with what looks like C code highlighted to show where it's wrong. The only way I've found to reset the session is to "No" through all 7 pop-ups, logoff MRE and login again!.

Could this be a symptom of the 'single thread' processiong mentioned in Carol Dobson's Dec 13 posting as item #2?

I've found this behavior in DevStudio 7.1.3 and our server with 7.1.3.
I've not found it in DevStudio 7.1.6 (thank goodness!).
I can't speak of server mounted 7.1.6 because we've not upgraded production platforms to that yet.

Chris Burtt

WIN/2K running WF 7.6.4
Development via DevStudio 7.6.4, MRE, TextEditor.
Data is Oracle, MS-SQL.

Posts: 154 | Location: NY | Registered: October 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Sandy and Prarie - thanks for the 7.1.6 info, I agree that it's probably more stable than 7.6 but we thought we would give it a try.

Chris - very interesting.

Gerry, please bring back the old prompting behavior!!!! :-)

Happy New Year to everyone!

Guru
posted Hide Post
Just an update....

IBI has confirmed the behavior with the Prompt screen removing slashes in the path of the USE statement in 7.6 is indeed a bug and it has been sent to proramming.

Case number is: 23562517

Now, I'm wondering if it's the same prompting screen in 7.1.6 and if the same thing happens?

Carol

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris,

Regarding the single threaded behvior with HTML, one thing you can do is CNTRL + N to open a new window. We're not using MRE here, but it works from Dev Studio. I'm wondering if the single threaded behavior is also a bug. I may open a case on that too.

Carol

Expert
posted Hide Post
716 is fine; i have it in semi production
and my USES and FILEDEFs all are slashed and ampered up the gazzink. but alas, the prompting screen is still the awful one.

Guru
posted Hide Post
susannah,

Thank you for the 7.1.6 info on prompting.

You can turn off the new prompting screen in 7.1.6 from the WebFOCUS Administration Console, configuratation, auto prompting

ibif_wfdescribe = xmlrun
ibif_external_xls = path/autoprompt_old.xls

Carol

Expert
posted Hide Post
oooowwww wowza
i owe you several martinis at summit!

Expert
posted Hide Post
IT WORKS! HOOOORAY.
Carol Dobson, you're Queen of the Point for 2007!

Expert
posted Hide Post
omg i just heard from the big giant head that post 7.6, this trick won't work anymore.
they don't get it.

Guru
posted Hide Post
susannah,

you're making me laugh! The giant head is correct, doesn't work in 7.6 Good One
BTW, CGI doesn't work in 7.6 either, needs a separate install which has a bug!

Glad I could help you for a change! You are and will always be the Focal Point Queen!

See you at Summit!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well do we need to start a petition to get rid of the thing....who asked for it...and why?

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
i just heard that it was created to simplify executions for self-serv apps, for people who didn't have mre and didn't want to write their own launch pages. and this way there is only 1 interface to manage. it would seem to make sense from a management pov, if you've never written a line of code in your life. Confused

Guru
posted Hide Post
It would be nice to have a setting to have both options availalbe.

SET PROMPTING = OLD/NEW Idea

How hard can it be to let the old prompting live on? Seems pretty simple to me!

posted Hide Post
We have found an issue with 7.6 where we have to rtrim our data before loading into Oracle to remove spaces that are from our legacy data. On some of our ETLs, when the rtrim is performed, the etl is now erroring saying that it is not allowing nulls in a non-null field. This is only occurring in some of our ETLs. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Posts: 9 | Location: St. Pete, FL | Registered: January 04, 2007Report This Post