Focal Point
[SOLVED] PDF drilldown in edge

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4017031396

April 15, 2020, 01:58 PM
Pam Kratt
[SOLVED] PDF drilldown in edge
We have PDF drilldown on our reports which works in IE and chrome (opens in same window), but will not open in edge. Has anyone else come across this and know why or have a solution?

It does work in HTML in edge, but HTML is coded differently so not sure it can be compared.

Our coding is like this for PDF. D1 indicates the drilldown report it calls.

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=C1,
URL=dispatch/drilldown?(cusip=CUSIPID account=ACCOUNTID outputType='PDF' \
asofdate=ASOFDATE ams_source=AMSSOURCE uniqueId='D1'), $

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

webfocus 8.105M; os: windows; pdf, html, exl2k, csv
April 16, 2020, 10:48 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Pam

Are you really still on version 7.6? You should probably open a case with techsupport on this.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
April 16, 2020, 10:57 AM
Pam Kratt
no, we are actually on 8.105M. I noticed after I posted that it showed the 7.6 and it took me a 1/2 hour to try and find where I change that. Got it changed, but it didn't change the original post. After I posted this comment though, I noticed the original post now shows the 8.105M

April 18, 2020, 01:40 PM
Hallway
What version of Edge? If less than v79, then your using an old version of Edge, and I would recommend using the new Edge. The newer versions of Edge run on the chromium engine and even has an IE mode to run old legacy web apps.

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

April 23, 2020, 03:46 PM
Pam Kratt
thanks for that suggestion! I tried on my personal pc which is a newer version of edge and the drilldown was successful. My personal version was 81.0.416.58