Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [closed] Dropdown chaining HTMLFORM

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[closed] Dropdown chaining HTMLFORM
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hello

Below is sample code with CAR file. I am trying to chain the 3 drop downs in here.
I know its easy with Composer, but I want it here as I have more functionality working here.
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM     
COMPUTE CNTR1/A200 = '<option value="' | COUNTRY | '">' | COUNTRY | '</option>';
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
ON TABLE SAVE AS CNTR_DD
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM     
COMPUTE CR1/A200 = '<option value="' | CAR | '">' | CAR | '</option>';
BY CAR
ON TABLE SAVE AS CAR_DD
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM     
COMPUTE MDL1/A200 = '<option value="' | MODEL | '">' | MODEL | '</option>';
BY MODEL
ON TABLE SAVE AS MDL_DD
END

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<HTML>
<head>
</HEAD>
<body>
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD><b>Country:</TD>
<TD><b><SELECT name="CNTRY"> !IBI.FIL.CNTR_DD; </SELECT></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD><b>Car:</TD>
<TD><b><SELECT name="CR">   !IBI.FIL.CAR_DD; </SELECT></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD><b>Model:</TD>
<TD><b><SELECT name="MDL">  !IBI.FIL.MDL_DD; </SELECT></TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END

Please let me know the options.

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Enigma006,

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
With that approach, the only way to get chaining to work is to implement the javascript to handle that yourself. That's not a task for the feint of heart; been there, done that.

For example, IBI's implementation makes use of a rather extensive "xml-island" to describe all the form elements and their chaining.
Your HTML is missing those bits, so you can't use IBI's implementation with what you have now.

The best advice you will get is to use Composer, so that you can use IBI's implementation.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
WEP is right, unless you have a specific reason why you have to bypass WFs standard chaining, I would use the composer. You can always create it in the composer and either copy and paste it in, or use a -htmlform and include it in your fex.

If you still feel that you have some special reason to go outside of the box, you can use jquery to populate your dropdown. Essentially you will need to create a fex for your dropdowns. You will want to create defines to create your options. You will need to capture the values of your dropdowns in js and pass them through the URL when you issue your jquery.get statement.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
You can search this forum for keyword AJAX to list more discussions on this topic.

Thanks,
Ram

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post