Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] AD Authorization & Authentication error.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] AD Authorization & Authentication error.
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,
we have configured AD Authorization & Authentication ererything was fine till 1 user while giving him rights in AD was assigned to public Gruop. now that user get error every time he tries to login to BID.

i created a user with same rights as that user but with out public gruop and every thing is good, but remowing bug user from that gruop does not solve a problem..

Formore while searching a solution for this problem i found another admin user who had all the rights in 'Managed Reporting Administration' and 'Business Intelligence Dashboard View Builder' now has a right to look and can not change anything in MRA and almost no rights in dashboard builder...

This is in WF 7.64

Anyone knows solution for this problem? what should i change to ger the wrong user to work?

thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.6.10
Windows Xp Profesional, Linux
Excel, Html, PDF

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Derekas,
Your best bet is to open up a case with Techsupport to look into it.

They are going to want MR Realm and WFServlet traces of the user's failed login. In addition they will want a copy of:
\ibi\WebFOCUS76\config\mrrealm.cfg

If the issue is more complicated they may request for an LDIF export of the WebFOCUS Tree structure within AD, and an LDIF export of the individual user(s) having issues.

Directions on how to run an LDIF export out of AD can be found here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237677

You can also use a free tool such as Softerra LDAP browser to get an LDIF export.
http://www.ldapbrowser.com

Without any traces or details on what error is being encountered its difficult to assist here. In general AD authorization can be more complicated to work with and troubleshoot.

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that's is not aa quick solution I was hoping for but thanks.

WebFocus 7.6.10
Excel, Html, PDF

posted Hide Post
To let You know i solved this problem by deleting bad user completly (on file level in server) after login in with bad user it had no problem. I had only to change a default BID view of that user.

WebFocus 7.6.10
Excel, Html, PDF