Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Advanced Chart Techniques - General Question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Advanced Chart Techniques - General Question
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I was curious if anyone has tried to create graphs in WebFOCUS that mimic functionality like that in Google Finance and/or Yahoo Finance. I have had numerous individuals within my organization ask about the ability within WebFOCUS to create dynamic line charts where the user can "zoom" on a range and focus in closer on that data set. I have experimented a bit with the visual discovery components in HTML composer and can mimic some of this behavior but not quite as elegantly as sites like Google and Yahoo have done. I may look at using Flex Builder to try this but was curious if anyone else has tried something similar to this in WebFOCUS. Seems like it would be a cool thing if WebFOCUS could be used for these types of graphs/charts. If I am able to figure something out I'll be sure to post the results but again if anyone else has attempted this I'd love to hear about your experience and results.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats

posted Hide Post
From what I've seen, many of the new sites using these enhanced types of graphing are done using the Adobe Flash/Flex platform.

Take a look at some of the things possible using the Degrafa engine (http://www.degrafa.org/) and Axiis (http://www.axiis.org/examples.html) in Flex.

Kelly
WF 7.6.6, Win 2K3 SP2, Tomcat

Posts: 19 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: January 19, 2007Report This Post