Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Kerry’s last day at Information Builders - Friday, October 11th

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Kerry’s last day at Information Builders - Friday, October 11th
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
To all Focal Pointers,

I am sad to say that I will be departing from Information Builders as of Friday, October 11th. I passed certification exam in IT Auditing, which is a completely different field, and landed a position doing exactly that. It has been great working with everyone for the last 9 years. I have learned so much and enjoyed my time at Information Builders and working with such wonderful customers.

Kathleen Butler will continue to manage Focal Point, and Kathryn Henning will continue to moderate. Any questions/comments/suggestions, please forward to their attention.

Thank you all, I wish you all the best and success. I may swing in once a while to say hello to all, so don’t be too surprised. I have to update my signature first. Smiler

Cheers,
Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry,

Congrats on your new job, but sorry to see you go. Good Luck and do stop in sometime to say hello to us.
Smiler

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kerry,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I will miss my friend!!!

Wish YOU the very best!
Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hey Kerry,

All the best in the future.

And make sure you have fun, otherwise its not worth it.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much Kerry for your great support to Focal Point throughout these years and congratulations on your new position.

Hopefully you will still have access to WebFOCUS in your new place and line of work so you can:

TABLE FILE DO_AUDIT
SUM
      DETECT_POTENTIAL_PITFALLS
  AND UNCOVER_RISKS
  AND ENHANCE_SECURITY
  AND PROVIDE_INNOVATION
  AND STRENGTHEN_SOLUTIONS
BY DEPARTMENT
BY APPLICATION
ACROSS MULTIPLE_BUSINESS_UNITS
WHERE FUN IS-NOT MISSING AND OPPORTUNITIES_TO_GROW GT 0;
END

All the best in your new adventure!

Regards,
Neftali.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Best of luck, Kerry. Thank you for all the support that you have provided us for nine years.

Windows, HTML, AHTML, Excel
In FOCUS since 1983

Posts: 41 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: January 06, 2012Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Good luck Kerry and Congrats!

Also... nice one njsden!

WF 8.0.0.5M

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kerry, echo to everything people have already mentioned and my very best wishes for your future.

X

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Kerry,

Lots of luck in your new job.
Interesting: my first job was, what was called at the time, EDP Auditing! And from there to FOCUS. Our first cutomer was a bank who used FOCUS exactly for that.
Now, if you need a few pointers...

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all my dear friends, this is so touching! Smiler I will miss you all.

njsden, you made my day Good One

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats

Webfocus 7.1.6, Webfocus 7.7, Webfocus 8

Expert
posted Hide Post
oh i just saw this!
somebody forward all these goodbyes, mine added, do her!! Au Revoir , Miss Kerry!

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Me too, I just saw this so, as Susannah said: forward all these goodbyes, mine added, do her!! Au Revoir , Miss Kerry!... And other: Best Of Everything Kerry... Smiler

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post