Focal Point
[SOLVED] FIND Command - Specific Location

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4047006576

April 15, 2015, 09:31 AM
Ian Dalton
[SOLVED] FIND Command - Specific Location
I have 2 CAR databases (same structure but different data) in different directories. I want to do the following:-

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
WHERE COUNTRY EQ &CNTRY.(OR(FIND COUNTRY IN CAR)).Country:.;
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXCEL
END
-RUN

Can the CAR file in the FIND statement be fully qualified to differentiate between my 2 CAR databases ?
I have tried PREPENDPATH etc. and it would seen to work but the PROMPT screen kicks in first before the correct CAR database has been determined.
Hope this makes sense.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ian Dalton,

April 15, 2015, 10:43 AM
MartinY
I think that you must have different file's name to accomplish what you're attempting to.

Remember that the server path is read before your PREPENDPATH and I think that the auto-prompt is performed before the PREPENDPATH is evaluated.

So really think that you should have two different CAR file's name. And personally, I think that it's not a good idea to have twice the same name for a file...

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
April 15, 2015, 10:56 AM
Tony A
Hi Ian,

Have you tried prefixing the file name in the where clause?

WHERE COUNTRY EQ &CNTRY.(OR(FIND COUNTRY IN ibisamp/CAR)).Country:.;

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
April 15, 2015, 11:01 AM
Ian Dalton
Hi Martin, Yes you have confirmed what I thought. Ideally would like 2 different file names but we can't for various reasons that I won't bore you with.
Ian

April 15, 2015, 11:05 AM
Ian Dalton
Hi Tony, Yes both Focus sources and I did try your suggestion ie. dir/CAR but it errors.
Ian

April 15, 2015, 11:24 AM
MartinY
Hi Ian,

What is the error you have when trying dir/CAR, cause it works for me ?
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL
 BY COUNTRY
 BY CAR
 WHERE COUNTRY EQ &CNTRY.(OR(FIND COUNTRY IN dir/CAR)).Country:.;
 ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXCEL
END
-RUN

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
April 15, 2015, 11:39 AM
Tony A
Hi Ian,

As discussed, to get the prompting to function correctly I first copied the FOC to baseapp and then added an additional COUNTRY, CAR and MODEL combo (3RD WORLD,BLACKSMITH,HANDCART Wink) and then tested using IBISAMP or BASEAPP in the prompt. I only got the 3RD WORLD prompt when pointing at BASEAPP.

Good luck, see you next week at the User Group.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
April 15, 2015, 12:09 PM
Ian Dalton
Thanks Tony and Martin.
Got it all working by putting dirname as a file qualifier AND ensuring master file is also copied into the directory too !