Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     how to put hmtl composer generated htm file to run in mre

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
how to put hmtl composer generated htm file to run in mre
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Can someone tell me how to migrate a hmtl composer generated htm file (that creates a coordinated active reports) to MRE for users to run? I tried 'export as procedure' and migrated that fex. It did not work (got a http 500 error). I tried to create a launch fex with -HTMLFORM and that did not work too well.
Thanks in advance.

wf 7.6.11
unix aix
active reports, HTML, Excel, Text and PDF formats

Expert
posted Hide Post
The resultant page (created in MRE) should be "something.htm". If so, just run it.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Where did you develop it? In Projects? In an App Folder? You should be able to drag it into an MRE Domain Standard Report folder...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I developed that in local project in STUDIO. Putting the html file as is into MRE Standard Reports is no good because when you run it, you got multiple browser window opened, one with 'NO query info to decode' error and the other does show the html page but nothing populated.

wf 7.6.11
unix aix

Expert
posted Hide Post
I never use Projects (can't see the use for them) and I usually don't develop locally if the final destination is the server. If you're working with MRE, create a domain for yourself on the server that the report is supposed to run on.

I don't know why you get two windows opened. You have an html page with nothing populated most likely because the html page calls fexes that are not where they're supposed to be or where they're coded to be - verify domain names, folder names and fex names in the html code.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
we develop it in local project because as developers, we need to follow migration procedure. We develop on local desktop, then move/migrate to test server, then to QA and eventually prod servers.

I got multiple windows because, I believe, it got multiple reports in the html file. Of course, as I said, it should not do that.

wf 7.6.11
unix aix

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, it's not going to be easy to migrate code from a local project to a remote MRE - MRE launch pages require MRE parameters to be passed to a called fex.

I would not use the Projects area st all.

You have four environments for reporting? I think that's quite excessive.

I would develop in the MRE environment of the Test server, then migrate to QA, then to Prod, making sure Domain names, Folder names and Fex names are exactly the same on all servers.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
thanks, Francis. Actually, we have more than 4 envs. That is why I thought the 'Export as Procedure' is the option provided for the migration purpose. Of course, that did not work.

wf 7.6.11
unix aix