Focal Point
Change the HTML provided by Information Builders.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4051097331

August 12, 2004, 02:55 PM
newtofocus
Change the HTML provided by Information Builders.
Hi All,

We recently purchased WebFOCUS and I have setup a test and development environment. I would like change the ibi_html/workbnch/logon.htm to differentiate between my test and development environments.

I tried opening the logon.htm and changing the "Welcome to Managed Reporting" to
"Welcome to Devlopment Managed Reporting" but it refuses to work properly. Any ideas.

Thanks
August 12, 2004, 03:29 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
The text on the page is changed by JavaScript based on the language. I think as soon as you modify the text, things blow up.
August 12, 2004, 05:40 PM
susannah
we do this, too. Its easy. We modify the Language file.
The language file is a long list of every phrase used in mre, translated into whatever language you set when you set up.
So for me , its english to english...so i just change the second column, and change 'welcome to managed reporting' to 'welcome to totallyunmanaged reporting'..or whatever i like.
Here's where to find the language file:

WebFOCUS52\ibi_html\javaassist\intl\EN\workbnchtrans.js
I would strongly advise making a backup copy before you start messing with it, but you already know that. Otherwise, as Pietro says, it all blows up Smiler
August 12, 2004, 06:53 PM
newtofocus
Thanks susannah. It worked.