Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Change the HTML provided by Information Builders.
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

Change the HTML provided by Information Builders.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

We recently purchased WebFOCUS and I have setup a test and development environment. I would like change the ibi_html/workbnch/logon.htm to differentiate between my test and development environments.

I tried opening the logon.htm and changing the "Welcome to Managed Reporting" to
"Welcome to Devlopment Managed Reporting" but it refuses to work properly. Any ideas.

Thanks

Posts: 176 | Location: Desplaines | Registered: August 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
The text on the page is changed by JavaScript based on the language. I think as soon as you modify the text, things blow up.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
we do this, too. Its easy. We modify the Language file.
The language file is a long list of every phrase used in mre, translated into whatever language you set when you set up.
So for me , its english to english...so i just change the second column, and change 'welcome to managed reporting' to 'welcome to totallyunmanaged reporting'..or whatever i like.
Here's where to find the language file:

WebFOCUS52\ibi_html\javaassist\intl\EN\workbnchtrans.js
I would strongly advise making a backup copy before you start messing with it, but you already know that. Otherwise, as Pietro says, it all blows up Smiler

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks susannah. It worked.

Posts: 176 | Location: Desplaines | Registered: August 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post