Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Problem downloading file on our Dashboard Welcome page.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Problem downloading file on our Dashboard Welcome page.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi all,

On our Dashboard Welcome page we have always had a link to a 'WebFocus Guide' PDF document that explains some of our main reports and how they work.

This link has always been coded as the following in the Welcome.htm;

<SPAN id=ITEM5 style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; Z-INDEX: 4; LEFT: 310px; WIDTH: 500px; COLOR: rgb(0,0,255); POSITION: absolute; TOP: 360px; HEIGHT: 60px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" name ="text6" elementname="text6" elementtype="text">
<SPAN FragmentColor="16711680" sourcetype="typeUrl" targettype="0" FragmentStartChar="0" FragmentEndChar="66"><A HREF="Intro_Guide.pdf" target="_blank">Click to download: Introduction To WebFocus Guide</a>
</SPAN>
</SPAN>

This hasn't been changed in ages, but a new user has recently gone to download it and the file is not found. I think that when we upgraded from 534 to 765 it got lost. I have found a copy on our document server but I don't know where to locate it so that is found.

When I hover above the link on the Dashboard I can see that IE is reporting its location as 'http://myserver/ibi_apps/Intro_Guide.pdf'. Where is ibi_apps? WebFocus is installed in within our IFS and I thought the document resided in 'home/iadmin/ibi/apps'?

Our AS400 Technincal bod is absent at the moment, so any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks

Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark66,

WebFocus 765. iSeries v5r4

Posts: 175 | Location: England | Registered: April 11, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
ibi_apps is an alias in your webserver that undoubtedly points to the real physical directory you stated in your email. Try putting your pdf there and see if it can be found.

If it does not, maybe there is a web person there who can help you find out where the ibi_apps alias is pointing.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
The path to ibi_apps is: C:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\webapps\webfocus76.
Substitute you own drive letter for C:

WF 7703M, XP/Win7, MRE, RC, BID, PMF, HTML, PDF, Excel 2000/7/10

Posts: 73 | Location: NY | Registered: February 06, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Are you sure the link shouldn't be pointing to the approot alias which would point to the 'home/iadmin/ibi/apps' directory.

Alex is correct. ibi_apps points to client software. I wouldn't think you'd want to put the file there.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the responses so far.

Alex, Ginney, I have tried copying the file to my local client installation and it is still not found?

The think that is puzzling me is that we haven't changed the HTML file since we were at 534 when everyone was able to download the file from somewhere on the server. Now when the link is clicked the file is not found.

Do you know of a way I can change the link so that it definitely does point to a location on the server that I can identify?

I was hoping that perhaps more people have a similar facility where users can download documentation from the Dashboard?

Thanks again for all your help; I really am treading in unknown territory as you might have guessed!

Cheers

Mark

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Mark,

You may nopt have changed your html file, but that does not mean nothing has changed.
The way dashboards (o.a.) are being controlled has undergone a very major change since 534.
That means that your document indeed can not be found any more by just referencing it in a relative way ('href=document.pdf' is relative). You should place your document in a location that can be reached by the webserver. The place you thought it would be ('/home/iadmin/ibi/apps') sounds good to me. You should then refer to it in your html file in an absolute way, like 'href=/approot/document.pdf', assuming that the approot alias points to your /home/iadmin/ibi/apps directory.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi GamP,

Thank you very much, that worked Good One

I had tried that only last week, but had stupidly left the ampersand on the approot variable!

Cheers