Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] dashboard for iPad

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] dashboard for iPad
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hai

I am doing a dashboard for iPad. I am facing problems with resolution. As our desktops and laptops differ from iPad, any HTML page which normally fits on a laptop gets scrolls on iPad. How to work on this? Is there anything I could set in HTML composer (resolution or size of page) that makes me feel the screen on iPad?
I cant always develop and test on iPad to see how it looks. Let me know of any suggestions.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Could you add a groupbox to the dashboard that is the size of the available area on the iPad screen, then just remove/hide it when done.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
@Waz..can give a try for sure but is there any particular way to deal with this? I think 7.7 has some options for mobile devices but Im using 7.6.11

Guru
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to have to tell you, HTML Composer Pages are not supported for iPad's until release 7702 hotfix 1. There were changes that had to be made to support Safari and specific changes for the iPad.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Master
posted Hide Post
thanks david. but will it be fine if we use IE on iPad by logging into server.?

Expert
posted Hide Post
This does not affect HTML Composer, but while developing, you can resize the web browser screen to the iPad resolution to make sure your form controls fit. I have a "favorite" in all my web browsers to resize the window:

javascript:resizeTo(1024,768)

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Enigma006,

I don't understand how you would get IE on an iPad unless you are referring to a Remote Desktop App to connect to a Windows machine. I have tried a Remote Desktop App myself and found that to be quite clunky.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Expert
posted Hide Post
This might resolve the issue with IE on an iPad: VMware View

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We try it using something similar to VMWare, ya and the pages dont look good...!!

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Enigma,

I will talk to you offline on this one.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post