Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Latest Chrome Broswer Upgrade Affecting Filters in InfoAssist

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Latest Chrome Broswer Upgrade Affecting Filters in InfoAssist
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

We are experiencing problems with altering or adding filters in InfoAssist when using Google Chrome release version 80.0.3987.87, while release 79.0.3945.130 works fine.

This is currently causing issues for us in production WebFOCUS which is 8.1.05 on AIX.

When I try to revert back to the prior version of Chrome using properties it says there is nothing available. Other browsers can be used but this is our most popular one.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Mike Long
Univ of Conntecticut

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Currently WebFocus 8.2.06 Linux / Oracle

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Look at the popup blocker.

Seems that now it is always activated and even adding as trusted site seems not to work.
Need to Allow popup instead of Blocked

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MartinY:
Look at the popup blocker.

Seems that now it is always activated and even adding as trusted site seems not to work.
Need to Allow popup instead of Blocked

I've enabled Pop-ups and redirects in Edge Chromium yet the issue persists, cleared browser cache, restarted, nada.

Is there another setting involved?

WebFocus 8.2, IA+, Windows 10, HTML

Posts: 56 | Location: UT | Registered: December 01, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Broken in new Edge too now that is has updated to v80.

IBI logic: Let's not use an actual html element like <select>. Let build it whole thing in a bunch of nested <div> elements that are POP-UPS!! Because it's only been know that pop-ups are a security risk since like what, 1999?

<div id="BiPopup-5475" class="bi-popup                                " style="user-select: none; white-space: nowrap; z-index: 1012882; left: 818px; top: 166px; width: 455px; height: 112px; visibility: hidden; display: none;"> 
   <div id="BiList-5477" class="bi-combo-box-list combo-box-list" tabindex="-1" style="outline: none; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 455px; height: 112px;">
      <div id="BiComboBoxItem-3672" class="bi-list-item list-item list-item-selected list-item-lead " style="user-select: none; white-space: nowrap;">Constant</div>
      <div id="BiComboBoxItem-3674" class="bi-list-item list-item" style="user-select: none; white-space: nowrap; visibility: inherit;">Parameter</div>
      <div id="BiComboBoxItem-3675" class="bi-list-item list-item" style="user-select: none; white-space: nowrap; visibility: inherit;">Field</div>
   </div>
</div>

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened a case with IBI Tech Support and:
Hello Mike,
Thank you for the detailed explanation. This is a known issue that has been reported to the development team. They are working actively right now to resolve this issue. I will link this case to that ticket and notify you immediately once I receive any updates/feedback from the division.
Best regards,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
@Hallway:
I just tried Edge and I don't have the same issue as in Chrome. What specific version of Edge are you seeing this in?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
@Hallway:
I just tried Edge and I don't have the same issue as in Chrome. What specific version of Edge are you seeing this in?

It wasn't happening in Edge at first for me either, until Edge updated to version 80. Just to clarify, I'm talking about The new Edge Chromium.

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI - Altering the pop-up setting in Chrome version 80.0.3987.87 had no effect for me, the problem persisted, still unable to edit or add new filters in InfoAssist.

posted Hide Post
The same problem also occurs in our test WF8.2.06.13 environment, gen 134.

posted Hide Post
Had the same issue here. Support said it is a known issue with this version of chrome, they pushed a workaround to our cloud instance but i have no idea what it was. But you should be able to get help via support for it at least.

WebFOCUS 8205

Master
posted Hide Post
So, what is the #1 rule when assigning an ID attribute to an html element?

Here's a clue: https://developer.mozilla.org/...s/Web/API/Element/id

quote:

If the id value is not the empty string, it must be unique in a document.

And here's the console log when opening IA+ in Chrome and Edge v80:

ia:1 [DOM] Found 6 elements with non-unique id #dtpTextField: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) 
    <input autocomplete=​"OFF" id=​"dtpTextField" class=​"bi-text-field text-field" tabindex=​"1" type=​"text" style=​"visibility:​ hidden;​ height:​ 23px;​">​ 
    <input autocomplete=​"OFF" id=​"dtpTextField" class=​"bi-text-field text-field" tabindex=​"1" type=​"text" style=​"visibility:​ hidden;​ height:​ 23px;​">​ 
ia:1 [DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #metaDataSearchTxtFld: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) 
    <input autocomplete=​"OFF" id=​"metaDataSearchTxtFld" class=​"bi-text-field text-field" tabindex=​"1" type=​"text" style=​"border-style:​ none;​ font-family:​ Tahoma;​ font-size:​ 11px;​ color:​ grey;​ outline:​ none;​ left:​ 0px;​ top:​ 0px;​ width:​ 597px;​ height:​ 23px;​">​ 
    <input autocomplete=​"OFF" id=​"metaDataSearchTxtFld" class=​"bi-text-field text-field" tabindex=​"1" type=​"text" style=​"border-style:​ none;​ font-family:​ Tahoma;​ font-size:​ 11px;​ color:​ grey;​ outline:​ none;​ left:​ 0px;​ top:​ 0px;​ width:​ 0px;​ height:​ 23px;​">​

🤦

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

posted Hide Post
We have received a patch and have successfully resolved our issue as of this morning. We had to alter a .js file, remove a few others and replace a .jar file to make things work properly again.

Thank You!

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeLong:
We have received a patch and have successfully resolved our issue as of this morning. We had to alter a .js file, remove a few others and replace a .jar file to make things work properly again.

Thank You!

Sad that we have to do this. That is BASIC html.

But what's even more sad that IBI is not proactively notifying all it's users about this fix. Instead it is waiting to react to users submitting a case. I think that since this is a known issue, the first thing should have happened is that every account manager sends an email to their accounts to notify of the issue, and the steps to correct. They should also be offering assistance to their accounts that need it. That's what I think "Award Winning Customer Service" should look like (maybe that's just me). But instead, all we get is... *cricketsChirping

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I opened a case about this, too, but have not heard back yet for a fix. In the meantime, all my users are afraid to reboot because the Chrome update seems to be forced on a reboot.
Confused

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (production), 8.2.06 (testing)
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 183 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 05, 2017Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
An announcement about this was just posted on the main page on the techsupport site. The fix is heavily dependant on which version of WebFOCUS is in use so a case will need to be opened to get the appropriate fix

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DWaybright:
I opened a case about this, too, but have not heard back yet for a fix. In the meantime, all my users are afraid to reboot because the Chrome update seems to be forced on a reboot.
Confused

I got a reply on my case that said all the info that I need is here: https://techsupport.informatio.../wbf/wbf_chrome.html and applying the patch will fix the issue. Yet the announcement says that the patch date is still three days away!! They also said that if I'm not ready to apply the patch (which dosen't exist yet) then I just need to use a different browser... Well guess what? It's breaking in the latest version of Edge now too.

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hallway

You can still get the patch before Monday separately, It will be included in any downloads of the software as of Monday. Please update your case to report it is happening with EDGE as well.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Indeed the patch fixes both Chrome and Edge Chromium.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
Indeed the patch fixes both Chrome and Edge Chromium.

Now if we could get anyone at InfoResponse Live to share said patch with us.

I did see that there is some sort if infinite loop going on in the JavaScript that is incrementing the z-index value of the filter dialog box. So every time it increments, it redraws the filter dialog, thus eliminating anything you have tried to enter in any input element.

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I opened a case yesterday and the initial response was to apply a maintenance release.
After I asked, they did provide a patch. (files and instructions that require renaming, replace, updating a few filenames)

I think the files might be release specific. Maybe if enough cases open they would consider a little more availability

It was an easy test. Make an IA report, drag a field to filter, click get values, nothing returns.

WebFocus 7x, 8x, Win / Linux, any output format

Posts: 70 | Location: reading, pa | Registered: April 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We did get our patch after specifically asking for the one for our release. My users are all happily working in Chrome again. Smiler

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (production), 8.2.06 (testing)
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 183 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 05, 2017Report This Post