Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dev Studio 7.6.5 - Configure new WebFOCUS Environment - problem

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dev Studio 7.6.5 - Configure new WebFOCUS Environment - problem
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I'm having trouble configuring our new test WebFOCUS 7.6.5 environment in Dev Studio 7.6.5.

In the past, when adding a new WF environment, I simply had to enter the Web Component Host Name and the other settings were automatically determined.

When I try adding the new environment, I get the following error when I click on the WebFOCUS Client button: "Error: Webserver is not accessible".

Is it possible I have to enter "Web Component Authentication"?

I'm asking here before I contact my client's support department.

The other difference is that this is a three-tier environment.

Thank you,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

My suggestions:

1. Please verify what is the port used by the webserver is it 8080 or 80 or something else?
you can change it in the webfocus client tab in dev studio environments config

2. From Internet explorer try to reach your webfocus site:

webserver: port/ibi_apps/about.jsp
(no space between webserver and its port)

if you fail to reach it please see point 3 and then you should contact the site admin to verify why you can not connect via Internet Explorer

3. additional issue I saw couple of times is the definition of a proxy server in internet explorer (tools->internet options->connections->lan settings) if you use a proxy try to disable it first and retest, then you can define your new webfocus client site as an exception for local sites

In most cases if you succeed to connect to the WF website then it should also work from dev studio

hope it helps

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WF_IL,

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

http://www.srl.co.il

Posts: 97 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: November 20, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Eran,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I can access the WebFOCUS site with the URL:
http://zzz-qa-wfweb.xxxgc.net/ibi_apps/
or the URL:
http://zzz-qa-wfweb.xxxgc.net:80/ibi_html/
I can access the login page to our application:
http://zzz-qa-wfweb.xxxgc.net/approot/app1/

The Web Server is IBM HTTP Server v6.1.

We do have a proxy server and it is defined in Internet Explorer, but I assume if I can reach the URLs mentioned above in a web browser then the proxy server is not causing the problem in Dev Studio.

Thank you,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

Sometimes in dev studio the default port for the web server is 8080, have you changed it to 80?

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

Posts: 97 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: November 20, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes, I changed the port to 80.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

1. I would suggest to try to disable the proxy in IE and retest

2. Another option is to create additional environment, you can give a different description and use the same host and port

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

Expert
posted Hide Post
I tried disabling the proxy in Internet Explorer but, no luck.

I'm not sure what you mean by your second suggestion about an additional environment - I can't define the environment so there is no setting saved for it - I don't need an additional one.

Thanks,

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
My mistake!

I entered "http://zzz-qa-wfweb.xxxgc.net" in the Host Name field instead of "zzz-qa-wfweb.xxxgc.net".

All is good now.

Thanks for your help.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
I now get the error even when I correctly enter the URL.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This may sound as a silly question but have you verified that SSL is configured on port 443 in your web server? I can see that you're using HTTPS instead of HTTP to access your web environment.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
And a couple more silly questions - but we have to cover the bases, don't we? Try using the IP address of the webserver to see if it makes any difference. If that works, see if you can ping the server name - that will at least let you know if it is a DNS issue. Another suggestions would be to make sure that Bypass proxy server for local addresses is checked and that your server name (e.g.*.xxxgc.net) (Tools>Internet Options>Connections>Lan Settings>Advanced) is one of the exceptions in the proxy settings for your browser.

You can also go into the advanced TCP/IP settings for the network adapter click on "Append these DNS suffixes (in order):" and then add xxxgc.net to the list. Somtimes that helps resolve a DNS problem.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Sorry! I should have mentioned that this configuration works on several Dev Studio installations, but not on this current one. It now seems this is the first installation where IE 8 is installed, so this could be the problem. According to Dev Studio Config Error and IE8 (Webserver not accessible), a MS patch must be applied, but I'm not sure how that will happen because patch implementation is controlled the support centre, not be us.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Reverted back to IE 6 and everything is OK.

Why does the world rely on mediocre software?

I've had to work with XP and IE 6 for eons because everything that follows is unreliable.

Microsoft says 74 percent of work PCs still use Windows XP, extends downgrade rights

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis