Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] -MRNOEDIT and -DOS not working.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] -MRNOEDIT and -DOS not working.
 Login/Join

<Maji_Koushik>
posted
-SET &ECHO=ALL;
-INCLUDE INCLUDE_FILE_FOR_SERVER_CONNECTION
ENGINE SQLMSS SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES Myserver &DBVAR
ENGINE SQLMSS SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION Myserver
ENGINE SQLMSS SET TRANSACTIONS AUTOCOMMIT
ENGINE SQLMSS SET CURSORS CLIENT
ENGINE SQLMSS SET DATETIME ON
APP MAP TTR "C:\Data_files"
APP MAP TEMPAREA "C:\Data_files"
APP PATH TTR
APP HOLD TEMPAREA
-MRNOEDIT BEGIN
SQL SQLMSS
EX GetEmployee ;
SET ASNAME = MIXED
-SET &ECHO=ALL;
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT
EMPNAME
EMPID
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT EXL2K
-MRNOEDIT END
-DOS MD "C:\Reports"
-RUN
-DOS COPY "C:\Data_files\HOLD.xht" "C:\Reports\Employee.xls"

--------------------------
I am getting error for this code.
Can anybody help on this.I am gusseing because of MRNOEDIT i am getting the error.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
What error are you getting Kaushik...
could you pls paste the error code here so that we can suggest about it

Regards,
Anmol

WebFocus7.6.2, WebFocus 7.1.1,Windows
HTML, PDF and Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
How about adding a -RUN just before the -MRNOEDIT command?

I actually don't understand what your code is attempting to do...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Bonjour,

Object : I wish someone could give me a few guidelines to translate WINFORM into HTMLFORM

Here comes old blabla : Don't read if you don't like

It seems that I'm not the only one who wonders, Who is doing What, and When
How it's done is second rank subject and Focus is a bit of magician, let's concede.
-MRNOEDIT Begin seems to have something to do with -REMOTE BEGIN of the nice early days of Cooperative Processing
You know : Focus speaks to Focus of BBC world II time

At this time, you had two different Focus planets, for short : PC on my left and MVS on my right
And some tricks to communicate between those 2 worlds
A guy named Kernell or about was transferring Files between MVS we called HOST and the PC ( PCHOLD stuff )
Something like Focus Personal Agent gave the ability to Focus at PC Level to chat with a Focus on mainframe

You had plenty of nice things on the Focus PC World like -WINDOWS and -WINFORM later that allowed you to fix all the variables
of a request that had to be set by the end-User ( We called that a nice Interface between Man and the Machine )
And when all the nice Dialog was over, then you came to -REMOTE BEGIN
And all the following Focus Lines ( including DM lines) were to be treated by MVS Focus
-REMOTE END meant that you came back to your PC Planet

Of course, you had to be sure that MVS could do the Job, and if a small (parameter) file was on the PC, you had to transfer it to MVS before -REMOTE BEGIN.
But You could follow what happened in any of those two worlds ...

(And even have everything working on the only MVS machine since -WINDOW and -WINFORM were there, too :
No more communication, I want to see how things work on one single machine)

Things are now smarter than they were a long time ago, and not so easy for a single guy to fully understand and master.

And we have choice in two possible path
1) All is well and I do not try to lose Myself in complicated matters that do not concern me
2) Try to master the Basic principles, get a few rocks of knowledge so that you don't stay mouth opened : 'But why ???'
3) Turn to be a genius in the Focus world (This one is the impossible path for me)

I'm going my little way, my mouth begins to close, and I wish someone could give me a few guidelines to translate WINFORM into HTMLFORM

Cordially

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Bailleci,
-MRNOEDIT has nothing to do with -REMOTE. When procedures are stored in the MR repository, there is a pre-parse my the MR servlet to find any files included from the MR side so they are all sent to the server when user clicks RUN. In the end, the whole fex and included files are processed on the reporting server. -REMOTE BEGIN is a server facility that lets one server send commands to another.

Your question about WINFORM into HTMLFORM is best suited in it's own thread. Suffice it to say that it's not just a conversion. WINFORM applications had a persistent server agent. WEB deployment by it's nature is NOT automatically persistent. You can persist data in two places: Global &&vars or the users FOCCACHE directory on the server (&&VARS stay about as long as your browser is open, FOCCACHE expires after 3 hours of in-activity).

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Bonjour,
So you mean that, when I want to avoid EX &TOTO or -INCLUDE &I_LL_KNOW_LATER,
that any how MR will reject, by using this Stackhanoff's trick :
I get all the possible Focexecs be moved ...

*-SET &ECHO=ALL;
-DEFAULTS &REQUETE = 'VIFSTCRE', &TYPSOR = 'H'
-PROMPT &REQUETE.(VIFSTCRE,VIFSTENS,VIFSTCRC,VIFSTCRO,VIFSTGRO).Requête.
-PROMPT &TYPSOR.(H,X,W).Type de Sortie.
-* -TYPE &REQUETE
-     IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTSIT' THEN GOTO :VIFSTSIT
-ELSE IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTCRC' THEN GOTO :VIFSTCRC
-ELSE IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTCRO' THEN GOTO :VIFSTCRO
-ELSE IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTCRE' THEN GOTO :VIFSTCRE
-ELSE IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTENS' THEN GOTO :VIFSTENS
-ELSE IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTCRP' THEN GOTO :VIFSTCRP
-ELSE IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTGRO' THEN GOTO :VIFSTGRO
-ELSE IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTBQE' THEN GOTO :VIFSTBQE
-ELSE IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTSIG' THEN GOTO :VIFSTSIG
-ELSE IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTTRT' THEN GOTO :VIFSTTRT
-ELSE IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTCNF' THEN GOTO :VIFSTCNF
-ELSE IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTGSI' THEN GOTO :VIFSTGSI
-ELSE IF &REQUETE EQ 'VIFSTSPE' THEN GOTO :VIFSTSPE
-ELSE GOTO :PASTROUVE ;
-:VIFSTSIT
-INCLUDE app/vifstsitw.fex
-EXIT
-:VIFSTCRC
 .../...

I recognize that by this scholar_Level_0 Menu is not very clever ( I want to know who is doing what, and when ...) .
But that a pre-parse by MR causes such a big trip surprises me too.
I very much like DM, on any Focus machine, and not too much of this repository and Pre-Parse ...
!ibi.amp.TOTO has not yet fully replaced &TOTO in my mind.

*** From now on, this message turns to a bit of strange ( AP only) ***

Of Course, WINFORM and HTMLFORM are different.
Just as TSO (Synchrone) and IMS (asynchrone) are different.
Except that IMS can have some Scratch Pad Area saved and be driven so that the End-User will never know the difference
between synchronism and asynchronism.

How to handle a context with a couple of HTMLFORMs was my question.
And DataBase Oriented as I've been for so many years, the Global Variables won't suit me.

A long, long time ago, I told Stephane CHABREL all that I thought of this damned Focus Langage
that, sometimes requires semi-column and sometimes rejects them.
that sometimes pretends that OR and AND are exactly the same, and sometimes kills you if you change OR into AND
that indicates Errors Near or At Line xxxx
(I apologise for that: Focus is very clear, regards to some DB2 Utilitarians that don't even try to help)
Stéphane kidded me (I was responsible for a Focus Site at the time).
And, then, he gave me a few keys I've never forgotten to keep in touch with Focus's mind and soul
I was the other side of the mirror ...

I now again need this kind of friendly help to really enter into the DS/WebFocus world (Might be from a book, but which ?)
But not only : You stupid, how can you ?
Matter of Factedly, Stupid I am, but not so ignorant as you might think
I need to get through some kind of frontier, and it's not so easy.
And, above all, I want to build a new Focus layer above existing Focus layers.

Focusely and Cordially

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post