Focal Point
[CLOSED] Report Library send mail in html format after report saved to library

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4107051196

March 01, 2019, 10:20 AM
dr.herojos
[CLOSED] Report Library send mail in html format after report saved to library
Hi everyall,
I'm using report caster : report library and burst functionality to store specific report to the user. There are some thing that i cant be able to do:

1) I would like to send an HTML mail format using report library of report caster.
I see that the only possibility is to write a text mail in the text area ( see beloow)

Is there a way to send an HTML mail to te user?

2) When report caster dispatch the url, i would like to mask the complete url in a specific html anchor for example : click here to see the report

Is tehere a way to do this?

Thanks to all

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.2 Relase 8203 Build Gen 43
DataMigrator 8203M Gen Number 1337
Windows, All Outputs
March 04, 2019, 10:32 AM
FP Mod Chuck
dr.herojos

If I am understanding the question you will need a second schedule to e-mail the same report to the user. The check box you are showing is just to notify the user the report has completed in the library and provides a link to see the report.

The link in you post does not display anything so I can't tell what you are hoping for.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
March 04, 2019, 12:55 PM
dr.herojos
quote:
FP Mod Chuck

Hi FP Mod Chuck,

probably my question is not so clear. I try to explain my desire in a different way.

I want create a scheduler that burst a report by subsidiary code and put the result in a report library with 1 year retention (process already done). When the burst finished I want send an email to the subsidiary person in charge. The notification email must be an HTML email with a custom text. I want put in the email message the link to last version of the report library that has been created for that subsidiary. During my test I see that the link generated by reportcaster is something link this: http://SRVVS26:80/ibi_apps/lib...tuc01.lib%24%2829%29. This type of link is very terrible when is included in a well formed look and feel. I want cover the link using the anchor html tag creating something like Click Here

Do you know how match this requirement? I read the reportcaster guide but I didn’t find what I need.

If you prefer I can list all the step that I done to create the scheduler.

Regards.

WebFOCUS 8.2 Relase 8203 Build Gen 43
DataMigrator 8203M Gen Number 1337
Windows, All Outputs
March 04, 2019, 04:32 PM
FP Mod Chuck
dr.herojos

Now I usnderstand what you mean. I am not aware of a way to do what you are requesting. I suspect this would be a new feature request with techsupport.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats