Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Extra Row height for headings in XLSX report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Extra Row height for headings in XLSX report
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I am generating report in XLSX format using WebFOCUS 8.1.
There are some heading, applies to report, but these heading are showing with different row height, as compare to data row.

How can I reduce the row height of heading rows? Please suggests.

Thanks,
Sandy Sagar

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 15, 2014Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Should be all about font (styling) used in heading that is larger than data.

Take a look at your styling.

Paste your code and don't forget to add it using the code tag :
</>

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Martin,

I am using font size 10 for heading whereas it is 8 for report data.
My code is:

TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM DOLLARS/D12.2 AS 'D12.2'
DOLLARS/D12C AS 'D12C'
DOLLARS/D12CM AS 'D12CM'
BY REGION
BY CATEGORY
ON TABLE HEADING
"Sales Summary by Regions"
" "
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=HEADING, HEADALIGN=BODY, $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, ITEM=1, COLSPAN=5, JUSTIFY=CENTER, COLOR=RGB(179 35 24), $
ENDSTYLE
END

The output of this code, which gives heading with some extra height (highlighted in BLUE):

Whereas, heading should be like below (same as output in EXL2K):

Hope this will help you to understand my problem.

Thanks,
Sandy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sandy2sagar,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it helps to add TOPGAP=0 to the HEADING style?

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I already tried this, by adding TOPGAP to heading, but it is not working. Frowner

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Please help me here to control row height of heading/footing.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
If you try using EXL2K you won't get this issue.

8202, 8105M, 7.7.03

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
ON TABLE HEADING
"Sales Summary by Regions"
" "

You are the instigator of this issue with the above code.

Your problem is not that the line height is double, it is that you are introducing an extra blank line in the heading.

If you truly want to control line height in MS Excel then look into using macro enabled templates.

@Dev, This will still happen in EXL2K because of the code used.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Actually Tony, sandy2sagar and Dev are right.

If you look at Excel rows 1 and 2 height property it's 18.5 where rows 3 and following are at 12.75 and it does not happen using EXL2K : all rows have the same height.

But I do agree with you that a macro and/or a template must be used since it seems that Focus Excel 2007 (XLSX) heading default height is generated wider than data lines.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Martin,

I was not interpreting his question that way Frowner

If what you suggest is the issue, then it can be resolved using styling - well reasonably so - using the font size.

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
SIZE=8, $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, ITEM=1, COLSPAN=5, SIZE=10, JUSTIFY=CENTER, COLOR=RGB(179 35 24), $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=2, ITEM=1, COLSPAN=5, SIZE=5, $
ENDSTYLE

This will result in a row height of 18 (24 pixels) for the first heading row and 12.75 (17 pixels) for the second row. It is because there is an alternative size specified for the first heading line. The second one could have any lower size value than the global value (or just not set Smiler).

If you want real control over row height then you have to wrestle control away from MS Excel and use macro enabled templates.

Note that I am using WF 8.1.05 for this example and not 7.6 which I do not have installed.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you want real control over row height then you have to wrestle control away from MS Excel and use macro enabled templates

I do agree with you Tony that a macro / template may/must be used.

quote:

This will result in a row height of 18 (24 pixels) for the first heading row and 12.75 (17 pixels) for the second row. It is because there is an alternative size specified for the first heading line. The second one could have any lower size value than the global value (or just not set).

But even without any alternative font, using XLSX or EXL2K doesn't give the same result for heading row height.

Try the following with the two output formats and you'll see that the header row height change :
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM DOLLARS
BY REGION
BY CATEGORY
ON TABLE HEADING
"Heading Row 1"
"Heading Row 2"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX
-*ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K

-* With or without styling, header row's height is greater than the data rows.
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
SIZE=10, $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, COLSPAN=3, SIZE=8, JUSTIFY=CENTER, COLOR=RGB(179 35 24), $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=2, COLSPAN=3, SIZE=5, JUSTIFY=CENTER, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

In XLSX the header rows are even more wide than the data rows and their font is smaller.
Also even without the styling the header rows are wider than the data ones.

There is something that IB do that is not the same when using EXL2K vs XLSX as per heading formatting.

In Focus since 2007

posted Hide Post
I have found a simple solution to this problem by adding WRAP=OFF in the Style Sheet:

TYPE=HEADING, HEADALIGN=BODY, WRAP=OFF, $

I hope this helps!

WebFOCUS 8.2.01M

Posts: 12 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: December 19, 2012Report This Post