Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Modify for Oracle DB error in null processing

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Modify for Oracle DB error in null processing
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi all,

I have this code:
TABLE FILE TESTFOC
PRINT LAST_NAME
      FIRST_NAME
      IND1
      IND2
      LAST_UPDATE_BY
      LAST_UPDATE
BY EID
ON TABLE HOLD AS TSTDATA FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN

SQL SQLORA SET ORACHAR FIX
MODIFY FILE TESTORA
FIXFORM FROM TSTDATA
DATA ON TSTDATA
END
-RUN

Basically, what I'm trying to do is move data from a focus db to an oracle table. All the fields except the EID has MISSING=ON on the master file for both TESTFOC.mas and TESTORA.mas. The problem is, if a field is null, it takes the next field over and puts it on that field. So, say, IND1 is null, it populates IND2 on IND1, then IND2 gets populated with LAST_UPDATE_BY which then throws an oracle error message because IND2 is A1V while LAST_UPDATE_BY is A8V. What's going on?

I'm running this on 7.6.4.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Just a thought,

Try removing the FORMAT ALPHA leaviong just

ON TABLE HOLD AS TSTDATA

Scott

Guru
posted Hide Post
Have to have FORMAT ALPHA. Otherwise, EDASERVE CRASH. Probably because LAST_UPDATE is a date field. Not sure. I know from past experience that if I have a date field, I need to do format alpha.

I tried to do FORMAT COMMA but dunno how to word that in the MODIFY... I mean, it can't be FIXFORM... and FREEFORM is no good...

I'm stumped.

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Anatess

Only thing that comes to mind is SET HOLDMISS.

Could that help?

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Either that or use a com delimited hold file so that the missing data actually does appear in the data.

By the way Mr. Bell doing anything interesting over Christmas. Or do you fancy a trip to Spain (just joking).

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Alan,

HOLDMISS didn't change anything...

JG, if I use FORMAT COMMA, I can't use FIXFORM anymore on MODIFY right? What should I use instead?

WF 8.1.05 Windows

<JG>
posted
FORMAT COM

Generates amaster just like a standard hold so FIXFORM should be OK.

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
You need the very undocumented

SET FIXFRMINPUT=NONCOND

My bill for this classified information is $1,000,000

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
quote:
SET FIXFRMINPUT

Very documented (just not in the correct place for WF users.

quote:

FOCUS for Mainframe
Summary of New Features
Version 7. 6

Report This Post