Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Error when creating a Group in MRE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Error when creating a Group in MRE
 Login/Join

<Viswa>
posted
I logged in as Administrator in MRE. we have already created some domains , Groups and users. Now when we create a New Group, we are getting an Error Message as "Failed to create a group in Report Caster Repository".
WF Server : 523
Can anyone throw some light on this?

Thanks
Viswakanth

Report This Post
<Grzegorz>
posted
One of the method of receiving the error "Failed to create group in ReportCaster repository." is to revoke the UPDATE,INSERT (etc.) grants from the database user of the RCaster repository.
I suppose that the same message will apear in any case when RCaster receives the JDBC Exception while trying to add a group (it is just a supposition).
It looks like the problem with the ReportCaster database repository, or ReportCaster connection to the repository.

Hope this helps
Grzegorz

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have gotten this error when ReportCaster was not running as well. Make sure it is started and that you can launch reportcaster on its own.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have seen this as well and I now make sure ReportCaster service is started manually after Webfocus service starts automatically.

Posts: 81 | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: August 07, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Nightowl,
Is there no way to start ReportCastor as an automatic service...?

Posts: 132 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 12, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are in the windows world but in case anyone needs to start these things in a unix world here you go.

#!/bin/bash
echo Starting Apache
/etc/init.d/httpd start
echo
echo Starting Tomcat...
su -c "/var/tomcat5/bin/startup.sh" - webfocus
sleep 2
rm -fr /opt/ibi/srv52/wfs/edatemp/*
echo Starting WebFocus server...
su -c "/opt/ibi/srv52/wfs/bin/edastart -start" - webfocus
sleep 2
echo Starting ReportCaster
su -c "/opt/ibi/reportcaster52/bin/schbkr &" - webfocus
sleep 2

I threw this script together and reference it in the rc.d so it runs after a reboot. The sleeps are used since I ran into some issues where the previous application was still in the process of being started while the next one started. With the sleep they don't overlap.

It is assumed that the script is run by root. That is why the su -c command is being used in the script. This specifies which user the webfocus software should run as (in our case, the username is 'webfocus').

I hope this helps someone.

George

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 77 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 06, 2004Report This Post
<WFUser>
posted
This error is most likely a permissions problem. Make sure the we user has RW access to the basedir.

Report This Post