Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] In Report Library. posting a .mht to .xls and .xls to reportlibrary.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] In Report Library. posting a .mht to .xls and .xls to reportlibrary.
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
In Report Library. I need to Save a report in Excel. My Problem is i am using a Excel Template concept and generating the report. So, when run the report first i need to save the report in filename.mht format only.. after that i need to save the report in our excel format(our_name.xls). how can i Store ourname.xls file in the report library.

Any idea?????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.7 App Studio

Posts: 67 | Registered: September 26, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
can anybody respond to this query..

<JG>
posted
As you obviously do not read manuals.

You can not

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
i can schedule the report and store in excel format directly. And i can save in DHMTL, HTML format in Report Library.

But my problem is i am excel templete concept.
An intermediate step is there where we first need to save the file with this name only "MyMHT.mht" and once it is saved. we need to open the MyMHT.mht then only it internally perfoms some calculation. after that we need to save the file with ouy own name like "Myexcelfile.xls".

Please let me know how can i proceed?

<JG>
posted
You obviously do not read your own topic reponses

YOU CAN NOT DO IT:

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
With help of manuals available with me, I have no problem in saving a report directly in .xls format or any other format in the report library.
The problem is since I am using Excel Template concept , the process for the report to come out correctly is , first save the report in “Templatename.mht” format and then open that saved report in xls format (using Openwith option) and save it to finally get the output in excel .
Only when we save the report in “Templatename.mht” and open it in .xls the report output comes out fine.
Since we require an intermediate step here…that is saving the report in “Templatename.mht” (MHTML) format before saving it to excel format .I am not sure how to get this done.

Please suggest me the required manual.

<JG>
posted
Which part of the statement "YOU CAN NOT DO IT" do you not understand?

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
to suggest a work around look into Excel Macros to open the MHT, run the calculation and then save as an xls

ignore that-I hadn't thought about the writing away to the Rep Lib part-

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nubi,

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor

Posts: 285 | Location: UK | Registered: October 26, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
That will not write it to the report library

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Is there any other solution to store the report.
And reterive from the place where we have stored.

I am in a situation like i need to store the excel reports in report library. when ever user want to access he can easily access the reports.(we have MyReports)

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes. Run the report. Save it to a network directory however it is that you need it. Then give shared access to those that need to see it.

As state by JG, the Report Library DOES NOT handle anything like this. Those intermediate steps you keep referring to preclude you from using the Library for this process.

You may be able to write your own application using the ReportCaster API to get what you need, but that all Java stuff and you're on your own with that. Please refer to the ReportCaster API Developer's Reference Manual.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
As Darin suggests the best solution is to make it available via the network or via a URL.

To manually insert reports is not an easy task and requires writing to 3 tables with
unique keys and timestamps and inserting a BLOB image into one of the tables.
(I've posted previously how to insert BLOBs but the solution is DB dependant).

It is definately NOT supported by IBI against Report Library.

Excel can be opened directly by IE and via a pluging by all browsers or downloaded and saved, then opened.

Even though you have Report Library it can not be used for what you want to do because the conversion
from the MS archive document is not a WebFOCUS process it is an operating system one.

Store the documents on the Web server and give browse access to the users.

The only other alternative is to remove the need for the archive conversion step.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Darin, JG

how about saving the file and use ftp?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I am very thankful to each and everyone.
But what we thought to leave this approach.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Santhu,

posted Hide Post
Sounds like you want the report in the library rather than as a standard report. Is that because you don't want every user to re-run the query? The suggestions offered by Darin, JG and FrankDutch help you create/store the excel file in a directory structure i.e outside of report library.

If Report Library is the only interface available to the users, you could store a dummy report in the library that drills down to a file on the directory structure.