Focal Point
Can't open script(file)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4141097331

August 06, 2004, 08:29 PM
S.J. Kadish
Can't open script(file)
Has anybody had any experience getting this message: Can't open script(file) D:\ibi\client52\wfc\etc/ibiendd.wfs when launching from an html page>

Your help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.
August 18, 2004, 02:53 PM
<monte2000>
From our Product Division:

The WebFOCUS .wfs files are internal configuration files for WebFOCUS Client and are not in a format that is viewable via a browser.
The WebFOCUS Client configuration files should be viewed and modified only by authorized individuals using the WebFOCUS Console which is documented in the WebFOCUS Security and Administration Guide.

Hope that helps.

Monica
August 18, 2004, 03:38 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
Sandy,

What do you mean by "launching from an html page"? If you want to view the contents of the file, use a text editor. But, as Monica stated, the file should not be modified.

Cheers,

Pietro.
August 25, 2004, 03:00 PM
<jif29>
I'm getting the exact same message. Here's how I get it.

I have a simple html page with a form.

Some input fields and some selection lists.

The form has no parameters, it's just the form tag with the name.

Whenever I press the ENTER key in an INPUT field, another window pops up with that message.

No problem if I press enter on a selection list or on any of the buttons. The buttons are indeed coded as buttons, not submit.

What's weird is that I've got about 20 of these same html pages and it only happens on the ones that have selection lists in the form (even if the problem only occurs on the input fields). These lists are populated by a FOCUS program and filled using the !IBI.FIL.whatever thingy.

I really don't know what the problem is.
August 25, 2004, 03:17 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
How about posting your html page?

Put the html code within the bulletin board

[ code ]

[ /code ]

tags, like this:

<html><br /><form><br /></form><br /></html>

August 25, 2004, 03:26 PM
<jif29>
Ok, let's try :

CI-AM Attribution Methods Add

< !-- Include java_script common functions -->
<script language="javascript" src="/approot/az00/pcaptuf_html/pcapfunc.js">

<script language="javascript" src="/approot/az00/pcaptuf_html/CIAMedit.js">

< !-- CIAMADD form -->

Please enter the required fields

Attribution Method

< !--Attribution Method input box -->

Attribution Name

< !-- Attribution Name input box -->

< !-- Add button -->

< !-- Cancel button -->

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,
August 25, 2004, 05:30 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
Nothing out of the ordinary. Would you mind posting the html that is generated after the fex is run. I'm curious to see what's inside the select box.
August 25, 2004, 05:42 PM
susannah
The !IBI.FIL.filename;
will work if this html is generated , say, at the end of a fex, where the filedef has already been issued for that file.
If this is a stand-alone launch page, you need to use perhaps a server side include.
< !-- #INCLUDE ...etc --> and have that included file in your site path.
If it is a launch page from within MRE, it'll work if you change it into a fex and issue the filedef command at the top to tell wf where to find that !IBI.FIL.filename; and then continue with -HTMLFORM BEGIN and your existing page code
and followed by an -HTMLFORM end;
That's what i do and it works for me.
I'm guessing that you're in MRE and wf just cant find that included file so its trying to do something it doesnt' understand and you're getting an error message.
August 25, 2004, 06:15 PM
<jif29>
No, I'm not in MRE and the !IBI.FIL.filename works no problem.

Actually, forget about the selection lists. The problem is I get that error message when pressing the enter key on an input field. (it just happens that it only seems to trigger when I have a selection list on my form for some odd reason).
August 25, 2004, 06:22 PM
susannah
if you're not in mre, what are you in?
August 25, 2004, 06:26 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
quote:
(it just happens that it only seems to trigger when I have a selection list on my form for some odd reason).
Perhaps the odd reason is in the content of the selection list.

Have you tried commenting out the !IBI.FIL so that there's only one entry in the select list?
August 25, 2004, 06:46 PM
<jif29>
Yep, tried commenting out the selection list, same problem. Isn't that weird.

Susannah, I'm not in MRE, just browser.
August 26, 2004, 05:21 PM
S.J. Kadish
After extensive work with java script the problem is now fixed. Thanks to anybody who helped out.