Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Drill down to different report based on selection of the drill down field
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[SOLVED] Drill down to different report based on selection of the drill down field
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Does anyone know how to do this?

I create a report and want to drill down to other reports or charts based on the value of my selection. For example, the drill down field A has values of 1,2,3,and 4. So if I right click 1 in my report, I want to drill down to another report B. If i right click value of 2 in my report, I want to drill down to report C instead of B.

Thanks
Jacky

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 60 | Registered: March 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Diver,
Drill to report "Q" with the value clicked.
In Q, according to the value:
1 then EX B
2 then EX C

You can also use -INCLUDE instead of EX.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1934 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
In the stylesheet, use the WHEN statement for the drilldown - something like:
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=A, WHEN= A EQ '1',
  FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/DomainFolder/ReportFolder/report_1.fex \
  PARM_A=A \
  ), $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=A, WHEN= A EQ '2',
  FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/DomainFolder/ReportFolder/report_2.fex \
  PARM_A=A \
  ), $

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Francis. It seems I am getting close. I change the stylesheet with when statement, it gives me the error say "Keyword has illegal value when= N2 EQ 'XXX' OR 'XXXX'. Any suggestion? Thanks

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 60 | Registered: March 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
WHEN in the stylesheet works only with simple expressions like WHEN = A EQ 1, or WHEN = X LT 'ABC'. But is does not accept expressions with OR or AND.

So make an extra DEFINE:
TEST_N2/I1 = IF N2 EQ 'XXX' OR 'XXXX' THEN 1 ELSE 0;

and use WHEN = TEST_N2 EQ 1

Do not forget to add TEST_N2 NOPRINT to your TABLE request, otherwise the value is not known.

WebFocus 8203M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster

Posts: 154 | Registered: March 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
have you tried using the multi drilldown feature?

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I like Danny's solution much better. "Simple, yet effective"

In fact the various drill-down reports can all be in the same fex if you use labels and a GOTO statement.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Now that you mention it, so do I.

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post