Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Call WF fex in flex?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Call WF fex in flex?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hai all

I recently started using Webfocus enable for flex.
I am following the user guide and I am struck at data binding using ibidatagrid. I am setting URL of WebFOCUS procedure which is on localhost but data is not being displayed. This is the URL and procedure is in baseapp folder. fex name is flex_enable and output is in XML format.

http://localhost:8081/ibi_apps...?IBIF_ex=flex_enable

Any clues.

Thanks a lot

Windows XP
HTML,PDF,All

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks for opening a new thread on this. Here's how I do it:

A couple of functions to set up the URL string:

// Public Variables
		public var fex:String;
		public var fex1:String = "http://servername/ibi_apps/WFServletIBIMR_action=MR_RUN_FEX&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_STD_REPORT&IBIMR_drill=RUNNID&IBIWF_action=WF_SIGNON&IBIC_user=userid&IBIC_pass=userpass";
		public var fex2:String = "&IBIMR_domain=domain/domain.htm&IBIMR_fex=app/fexname.fex&IBIF_ex=app/fexname.fex&IBIMR_flags=&IBIMR_folder=#dashboardque&IBIMR_random=";

//	Get data for policy
		public function getFex():String {
			var fex0:String = fex1 + fex2;
			return fex0;
			}

Then on the ibidatagrid:

<ibi:ibiDataGrid x="0" y="36" id="mainGrid" seturl="{getFex[)}" 
			visible="false" ibiAddRandom="true" left="10" width="1216" height="600" ibiUseFiltered="true" ibiCopyData="true"/>

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hey Darin

Thanks for the reply. This URL seems to be good for MRE. I use this in WebFOCUS generally, I will give a try now from FLEX

And let me try the URL fex is in baseapp app folder.

Thanks a lot

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If the fex is in baseapp and that is part of your server path (as is normally the case), you can just omit a bunch of those parameters that are only needed for MRE. Namely:
IBIMR_action
IBIMR_sub_action
IBIMR_drill
IBIMR_domain
IBIMR_fex
IBIMR_flags
IBIMR_folder
IBIMR_random

and change the IBIF_ex to be baseapp/fexname.fex

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
No luck Darin

This is what I used after modifying what you posted

public var fex1:String = "http://localhost:8081/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=baseapp/flex_enable";
public function getFex():String
{
var fex0:String = fex1;
return fex0;
}

And this is the datagrid

ibi:ibiDataGrid seturl="{getFex()}" top="24" left="44" bottom="47" right="44"

If I directly put the URL in the browser it gives me XML output but here it doesn't display anything..?!!
I also tried flex_enable.fex, removed baseapp etc etc..all these trials give data when directly ran from browser but not from flex..

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot..

Master
posted Hide Post
I also tried MRE procedure and it gives me this error strangely..even the URL I use is same as you posted..

The reference to entity "IBIMR_sub_action" must end with the ';' delimiter.

Thanks

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
interesting

just to remember this item

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you start by placing your ibiDataGrid on a ibiCanvas?

If you did, then add the ibiMsgWindow to the ibiCanvas and see if you get any messages back that help when you run the app.

Bob

Prod: WebFocus/ReportCaster 7.6.10 - Self Service - Windows 2003 Server - IIS/Tomcat

Test: WebFocus/ReportCaster 7.6.10 - Self Service - Windows 2003 Server - IIS/Tomcat

Databases: MS SQL Server, Focus DB, Output: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF

Master
posted Hide Post
Hey Jones,

I did add it in ibicanvas.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and I got these messages..which seems to mean processing went well.?!!

[9:29:58.531] fetch data from source: http://localhost:8081/ibi_apps...=baseapp/flex_enable
[9:29:58.531] Fetching Data
[9:29:58.531] Sending request
[9:29:58.921] Processing Data
[9:29:58.937] processing xml
[9:29:58.937] processing columns
[9:29:58.937] processing rows
[9:29:59.203] processing xml done

I also tried by placing an error in fex name in the URL and got this message which says an error.

[9:31:45.703] fetch data from source: http://localhost:8081/ibi_apps...x=baseapp/flex_enabl
[9:31:45.703] Fetching Data
[9:31:45.703] Sending request
[9:31:45.781] Processing Data
[9:31:45.781] processing xml
[9:31:45.781] Data Error
[9:31:45.781]

WebFOCUS Message[42]: NO EDA HTML Output

Instead of localhost I also created a fex in my work environment, changed the URL and ran but no output again, yet message window says successful..

Thanks a lot..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Enigma006,

posted Hide Post
That looks correct.

Post the code from the mxml file and let us see what you have.

thanks,
Bob

Prod: WebFocus/ReportCaster 7.6.10 - Self Service - Windows 2003 Server - IIS/Tomcat

Test: WebFocus/ReportCaster 7.6.10 - Self Service - Windows 2003 Server - IIS/Tomcat

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
One item I noticed (if you're using the exact code you posted) is that you have no "id" property on the ibiDataGrid. I have seen many (and unfortunately, intermittent) problems when the ibi components are not given an id. Sometimes they work, others not. So obviously the rule of thumb is to set the id property for all ibi components. In your case, with this datagrid being your maingrid to receive the xml data, it must have an id if it is to be used at all.

I would definitely give that a try before trying anything further.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991

Master
posted Hide Post
Hai Darin, I tried with ID too..
Here is the code

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009" 
			   xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark" 
			   xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600" xmlns:ibi="http://www.informationbuilders.com">
	<fx:Declarations>

</fx:Declarations>

<fx:Script>

public var fex1:String = "http://localhost:8081/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=baseapp/flex_enable";

public function getFex():String 
			{
				var fex0:String = fex1;
				return fex0;
		    }

</fx:Script>
	<ibi:ibiCanvas left="0" right="0" backgroundColor="#808080" contentBackgroundColor="#C0C0C0" top="0" bottom="0">
		<s:Label y="10" text="Sales Peformance Dashboard" height="20" width="247" fontSize="16" left="10" fontWeight="bold" fontFamily="Georgia" color="#7EECA5"/>
		<mx:TabNavigator left="48" right="312" bottom="206" top="64" backgroundColor="#808080">
			<s:NavigatorContent label="Grids, Filters, Charts" width="100%" height="100%" backgroundColor="#808080">
				<s:layout>
					<s:BasicLayout/>
				</s:layout>
				<s:Panel bottom="0" right="0" left="0" top="0" backgroundColor="#808080" id="panel1">
					<ibi:ibiDataGrid seturl="{getFex()}" contentBackgroundColor="#808080" top="10" left="10" bottom="61" right="78" id="datagrid1"/>
				</s:Panel>
			</s:NavigatorContent>
			<s:NavigatorContent label="Tree Control, Drop Down Boxes" width="100%" height="100%">
			</s:NavigatorContent>
		</mx:TabNavigator>
		<ibi:ibiMsgWindow x="366" y="401" width="286" height="190">
		</ibi:ibiMsgWindow>
	</ibi:ibiCanvas>
</s:Application>

Thanks a lot for all your help

posted Hide Post
Are you using Flex 4 or Flex 3? This looks like Flex 4, and if so, do you know if that is supported by IBI? Everything I've done so far has been with Flex 3.

Bob

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Although I am not sure if the flex version is your problem in this case, it's quite possible, and I would not continue with Flex 4 until IBI has a Flex Enable version that supports it.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991

Master
posted Hide Post
you can use Flash Builder 4 with flex enable but you must use the FLEX 3.5 sdk as 4 has not been certified yet. I believe IBI will have a new swc file when 4 is certified.

Scott