Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Heading formatting doesn't work in "GRAPH FILE" like "TABLE FILE"

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Heading formatting doesn't work in "GRAPH FILE" like "TABLE FILE"
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

I'm trying to format a heading using GRAPH FILE. The one line heading has three TEXT items. First one should be left justified, second centered and third right justified. What do I need to do? (This works with TABLE FILE).

Here's a CAR file example ...

GRAPH FILE CAR
HEADING
"LEFT<+0>CENTER<+0>RIGHT"
SUM DEALER_COST AS 'Dealer Cost'
COMPUTE MY_SERIES/A10 = COUNTRY;
COMPUTE MY_VALUE/A10  = FPRINT(DEALER_COST, 'D7', 'A10');
COMPUTE MY_PCT/A10    = '(' | (LJUST(8,FPRINT(PCT.DEALER_COST, 'P6.2%', 'A8'), 'A8') || ')');
BY COUNTRY AS 'Country'
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHDEFAULT OFF
ON GRAPH SET EMBEDHEADING ON
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH PIE
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, OBJECT=TEXT, ITEM=1, WIDTH=2.250, JUSTIFY=LEFT,   BACKCOLOR=GREY, $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, OBJECT=TEXT, ITEM=2, WIDTH=4.250, JUSTIFY=CENTER, BACKCOLOR=ORANGE, $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, OBJECT=TEXT, ITEM=3, WIDTH=3.250, JUSTIFY=RIGHT,  BACKCOLOR=BLUE, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, BUCKET=color, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, BUCKET=measure, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N3, BUCKET=tooltip, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N4, BUCKET=tooltip, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N5, BUCKET=tooltip, $
*GRAPH_JS_FINAL
"series": [
	{"series": 'reset',
		"tooltip": '[b]{{tooltip1}}[/b]<br>{{tooltip2}} {{tooltip3}}'
	}
],
htmlToolTip: {
style: 'seriesFill',
snap: true,
}
*END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.201M, Windows, App Studio

Posts: 227 | Location: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: August 12, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi jfr99

how did you create this fex? Did you use the text editor and copy the styling information in or did you use the GUI?

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I used a text editor. No GUI was involved.

Posts: 227 | Location: Lincoln Nebraska | Registered: August 12, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Another situation where understanding what can be achieved against what is created in the resulting HTML.

The EMBEDHEADING ON setting will mean that the heading does not interfere with the resultant height of the JSCHART within the browser window (and thereby cause scrollbars! Frowner) This is good in many ways and is what folk generally want.

If you study the JSCHART manual, I doubt you will find anythng that allows you to seperate out the "title" (for that is what it is) using the GUI oor even hand coding it.

If you use developer tools to interrogate the output, you will see that the "Heading" is contained within a DIV and 3 SPAN tags. The DIV has a class of "title" and you could introduce some CSS of your own to affect the style of each of the SPAN tags using something like the following.

Note that I have not played too much with the central part of the "Heading" - I ought to leave you something to play with Wink other than just the percentage widths of the span tags. The question is, can you understand why it achieves what it does? If not then perhaps a self study course on CSS/CSS3 might be a suggestion? If you trawl through posts on the forum looking for where CSS has been used to affect HTML output styles, you will see how useful that knowledge would be!

-* Place this at the top of your procedure
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<style>
.title {width: 99%;}
div.title > span:first-child {width: 30%; float: left; text-align: left;}
div.title > span:last-child {width: 30%; float: right; text-align: right;}
div.title > span {width: 40%; text-align: center;}
</style>
-HTMLFORM END

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your help!!!

I'm trying to duplicate graphs that were created using Highcharts with "out-of-the-box" webfocus functionality. I'm fairly new to the JSCHART format and while it's simple to create graphs ... It's sometimes challenging/frustrating to get the exact look/formatting that is desired.

Anyway ... Thanks again.

Expert
posted Hide Post
You're most welcome. Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post