Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] I need to Underline records by a GROUP styling in Excel

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] I need to Underline records by a GROUP styling in Excel
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi!
I have an output like this:

Group line Case Hours
A 12 56 45
A 34 4 45
---------------------
B 6 5 67
----------------------
C 12 23 22
C 4 4 5

After each Group I need a seperating line

My code:
TABLE FILE FINAL1
HEADING
"Monthly Metrics Cases "
"Run Date: &DATEMtrDYY"
"Period:&LAST_PERIOD, Dates: &START_DT_OF_PERIOD - &LAST_DT_OF_PERIOD"
""
PRINT
PLANT AS 'Branch'
GROUP AS 'Group'
TOTAL_CASE_LINES AS 'Total Case Line'
BY GROUP NOPRINT
WHERE NOT PLANT IN ('B01','B11','B44','B52','B59','B71','B79')
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
LEFTMARGIN=0.1,
RIGHTMARGIN=0.1,
TOPMARGIN=0.1,
BOTTOMMARGIN=0.1,
SQUEEZE=ON,
PAGESIZE=LETTER,
ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,$
TYPE=REPORT,FONT=TIMES NEW ROMAN,SIZE=7,GRID=OFF,$
TYPE=DATA,JUSTIFY=CENTER,SIZE=7,$
TYPE=HEADING,FONT=TIMES NEW ROMAN,SIZE=7,COLOR=NAVY,STYLE=BOLD,JUSTIFY = CENTER,$
TYPE=FOOTING,SIZE =7,COLOR =BLACK,JUSTIFY= LEFT,$
ENDSTYLE
END

PLease advise, Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Valeriya

WebFOCUS 764 Servlet - MRE/Dashboard/Self Service/ReportCaster - Windows 2000

Posts: 68 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 23, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Lera, BORDERs in Excel (EXL2K format) are not supported in your version of WebFOCUS. In fact, they were only introduced in WebFOCUS 7.6.9.

I thought the UNDER-LINE option might have been of help but it does not seem to work in Excel. Even producing the report in HTML and "reading" it in Excel using HTMLFORMTYPE=XLS did not seem to work either.

Hopefully someone else can provide a solution or workaround (that does not involve migrating to WF 7.6.9 Big Grin )

- Neftali.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Neftali, Thanks!
I have been trying to find something that would do a sort of separation... NONE!

Valeriya

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been trying to find something that would do a sort of separation

Would an empty line provide enough visual separation in the report? You may use a very light background colour to enhance the effect ... the sample code I provided does just that (except for the "very light colour").

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I think I accidentally edited my last post with the code I had and replaced it with the last message I sent. Eeker

TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM UNITS DOLLARS
BY CATEGORY BY PRODUCT
HEADING
"Sales Report"
" "
ON CATEGORY SUBFOOT
" "
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=SUBFOOT, BACKCOLOR='SILVER', $ 
ENDSTYLE
END

I tried to reduce the row height in the SUBFOOT to make it look like a line but I couldn't find how to accomplish that.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njsden:
quote:
I have been trying to find something that would do a sort of separation

Would an empty line provide enough visual separation in the report? You may use a very light background colour to enhance the effect ... the sample code I provided does just that (except for the "very light colour").

WHERE IS YOUR CODE? Smiler
Yes, a lighted colord line would help!

Valeriya

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A thought.

ON CATEGORY SUBFOOT
"_________________"  

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Valeriya, take a look at Prarie's idea! It might work provided the width of the columns in the report is fixed (see SQUEEZE=OFF and/or WRAP=n style definitions).

Gold member
posted Hide Post
TRYING NOW... LET YOU KNOW!
tHANKS

Valeriya

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
SKIP-LINE will create a blank row in Excel output.

ON GROUP SKIP-LINE

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njsden:
Valeriya, take a look at Prarie's idea! It might work provided the width of the columns in the report is fixed (see SQUEEZE=OFF and/or WRAP=n style definitions).

Your suggestion with an empty line worked well, I'm trying "___________" NOt shure what is SQUEEZE=OFF and/or WRAP are...

Valeriya

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Dan,
Yes, thank you

Valeriya

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Another option is to use colored bands to differentiate the groups. This may not be a good option if the report is likely to be printed.

TYPE=DATA, BACKCOLOR=(BY=GROUP 'SILVER' 'WHITE'), $

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Coloured bands? Wow, that's pretty cool Dan. I did not know about that feature in WebFOCUS.

Thanks!

- Neftali.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Truth be told, I stole the idea from one of Ginny's earlier posts.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Expert
posted Hide Post
It is a cool technique, isn't it. And for those who want to, you can do it in the GUI.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Dan. I will try it now.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Satchell:
Another option is to use colored bands to differentiate the groups. This may not be a good option if the report is likely to be printed.

TYPE=DATA, BACKCOLOR=(BY=GROUP 'SILVER' 'WHITE'), $

Valeriya