Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Querying a List of All files in a Directory

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Querying a List of All files in a Directory
 Login/Join

posted
Good afternoon guys:

I would like to know who I can generate a list of all fex or mas files. I will need to know when a file was created, by who and its name. Pretty straight forward. I have not found anything particularly useful on Focal Point thus far 'Controlling Web Focus Environment' alluded to in several post is a 404 page.

Any help would be appreciated. I need to know what to type so that I am returned the names of files in a all app folders.

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The master files are in app directories on the server. Take a look at what's in SYSCOLUM.mas. Try something like

TABLE FILE SYSCOLUM
PRINT *
END 

The fex's are in your repository which is usually an RDBMS. The information about fex's is located in a bunch of tables in the RDBMS. You'll probably have to have admin rights to query that data.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
The master files are in app directories on the server. Take a look at what's in SYSCOLUM.mas. Try something like

TABLE FILE SYSCOLUM
PRINT *
END 

The fex's are in your repository which is usually an RDBMS. The information about fex's is located in a bunch of tables in the RDBMS. You'll probably have to have admin rights to query that data.

Thanks. I don't think I asked the question correctly.

Lets say I have 50 application folders on my test environment in App Studio. And I am asked to provide a list of ALL mas and fex files, their location, creation date, creator, tablename,with spname/connection name for mass files...

How do I actually get this information or where can I find some documentation on how to get this information.

Thanks,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You'll have to start reading this part of the Doc.

https://webfocusinfocenter.inf..._lang/source/fmi.htm

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Get a list of applications:
TABLEF FILE _EDAHOME/CATALOG/SYSAPPS
PRINT APPFULL
ON TABLE HOLD AS DIRLIST
END

Then get the file specifics using a repeat loop:
PRINT APPFULL FNAME FEXT APPLOC FDATE FTIME FSIZE
WHERE APPFULL EQ 'baseapp/proto'
END

One last thing, this will show all columns that are available:
SET ALL=ON
PRINT *
WHERE APPFULL EQ 'baseapp'
END  

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dhagen,

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks you guys. This was very helpful.

How do I get a list of the Adapters including properties.

The end result needs to show me the name of a mas file, the adapter name and the name of the server that the adapter is connected to.

The disconnect I am having is that I cannot get a table with adapter information.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

TABLE FILE SYSTABLE
BY TBTYPE 
BY NAME
END

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:

TABLE FILE SYSTABLE
BY TBTYPE 
BY NAME
END

The code that you give me shows the files and their types.

The code I use is this:
TABLE FILE SYSAPPS
PRINT APPNAME AS App APPLOC AS Path
FNAME AS 'File,Name' SUFFIX AS 'File,Type'
CONNECT AS 'Server'
TABNAME AS 'Data,Source'
WHERE FEXT EQ 'mas'
WHERE TABNAME IS NOT MISSING
END

What I need, all I need, is the server names for those adapters that come up in the CONNECT column.

Again, I need the SERVER names for the adapters that come up under the CONNECT column in the sysapps file.

The following code will give you server names:
TABLEF FILE sysservers
PRINT
SRVNAME AS 'Server Name'
SRVPRODUCT AS 'Product'
DATASOURCE AS 'Data Source'
SCHEMADATE AS 'Date Added'
END

I need to get from the sysservers table to the sysapps table. Where can I find a list of adapters? If I am using the wrong terminology, can someone please corret me? I am looking for the names of the adapters that the mas files use and then I need to say that the name of the server that the adapter uses.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Okay I know an easy way to ask this question:

Similar to the 'systables' table, is there a table that stores information for the adapters that includes server names? Perhaps a sort of 'sysadapter' table?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Very Helpful

No table, you can see all of these listed in a single file on the reporting server console. Look under Workspace / Configuration Files / Server Profile edasprof.prf

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
The server profile edasprof does indeed contain server names and while there is no master that describes it's possible to write one.

I wrote this for another customer. Try it in 8.2 although it not work perfectly for every possible adapter. Also remember that connection information can also be stored in user and group profiles.

-* Show adapters, connections and servers

-* Get location of edsprof.prf 
-SET &EDACONF=FGETENV(7, 'EDACONF', 64, 'A64') ;
-SET &EDASPROF =&EDACONF || '\etc\edasprof.prf' ;
FILEDEF SYSCONN DISK &EDASPROF 
-RUN 

DEFINE FILE sysconn 
  RUN_DATE/A24 TITLE 'Run Date'='&DATEYYMD' || ' &TOD'; 
  HOST_NAME/A80V TITLE 'Host Name'=RTRIM( FGETENV( 12, 'COMPUTERNAME', 15, 'A15' ) || FGETENV( 8, 'HOSTNAME', 64, 'A64' ) ) ;
END

TABLE FILE SYSCONN 
PRINT 
 RUN_DATE
 HOST_NAME 
 ENGINE 
 CONNECTION
 SERVER
 DEFAULT_DATABASE
 USER_ID 
IF _CONN_ATTR EQ 'CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES' 
END 

Master:

FILENAME=SYSCONN, SUFFIX=DFIX    ,
 CODEPAGE=1252, $
  SEGMENT=EDASPROF, SEGTYPE=S0, $
    FIELDNAME=_ENGINE, USAGE=A69V, ACTUAL=A69VB,
      MISSING=ON, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(INTERNAL), $
    FIELDNAME=ENGINE, USAGE=A64, ACTUAL=A64B,
      MISSING=ON, $
    FIELDNAME=_SET, USAGE=A10V, ACTUAL=A10VB,
    FIELDNAME=_CONN_ATTR, USAGE=A64V, ACTUAL=A64VB,
    FIELDNAME=_CONNECTION, USAGE=A256V, ACTUAL=A256V,
      MISSING=ON, $
    FIELDNAME=_SERVER, USAGE=A212V, ACTUAL=A212VB,
    DEFINE CONNECTION/A16 MISSING ON ALL  WITH _ENGINE=TOKEN(_CONNECTION,'/',1); $
    DEFINE SERVER/A212V MISSING ON ALL=IF (EDIT( _SERVER, '9' ) EQ '''') THEN TOKEN( _SERVER, '''', 2 ) ELSE TOKEN( _SERVER, '/', 1 );
      TITLE='SERVER', $
    DEFINE DEFAULT_DATABASE/A64 MISSING ON ALL=IF  POSITION (';' ,_SERVER) NE 0 AND  POSITION ('''' ,_SERVER) NE 1
THEN TOKEN (_SERVER,';',-1) ELSE MISSING; $
    DEFINE USER_ID/A64 MISSING ON ALL=IF POSITION( '''', _SERVER ) EQ 1 THEN TOKEN( TRIM_( LEADING, '/', TOKEN( _SERVER, '''', 3 ) ), ',', 1 ) ELSE TOKEN( TOKEN( _SERVER, '/', 2 ), ',', 1 ); $

Access File
SEGNAME=EDASPROF, 
  DELIMITER=' ', 
  HEADER=NO, 
  CONNECTION=<local>, $

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clif:

[/code]

Okay I am going to give this a try. I have created the masterfile using the metadata cavas and edited the access file as well. Web Focus says it can not validate DEFAULT_DATABASE and USER_ID. Also when I run the code above it says: (FOC205) THE DESCRIPTION CANNOT BE FOUND FOR FILE NAMED: SYSCONN

Just to let you know I am running 8.0.9

Also, should there be something under
IF _CONN_ATTR EQ 'CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES'?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Very Helpful,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
As I said, try it in 8.2. It requires functionality introduced in that release (which was available in May 2017) to parse out the connection string.

A profile can contain other settings, the IF test which is complete as written, is so that only connections are processed.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post