Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [IBI Researching]Bleeding of Subhead

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[IBI Researching]Bleeding of Subhead
 Login/Join

posted
Thank you all for their comments. I raised a ticket with IBI.Once they come up with some solution I'll post the same.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: subhash,

7.6.4,unix
all output

Gold member
posted Hide Post
You might want to change you SUBHEAD part of the code as follows:

ON CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE SUBHEAD
"Car <+0> "
----
----

TYPE= SUBHEAD,BY=1,LINE=1,ITEM=1,BACKCOLOR=RGB(153 204 0),$
TYPE= SUBHEAD,BY=1,LINE=1,ITEM=2,BACKCOLOR=RGB(255 255 255),$

This one is when you want your SUBHEAD background to last till the text (in this case, Car).

Now, if you want to have the background for the whole row irrespective of the heading,
just change SQUEEZE option to OFF.

Hope this helps.

webFOCUS 7.6.x,
z/OS(Mainframes),
Excel and HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
When you have narrow reports, try to usitlise the width of the output medium by using WIDTH and WRAP. Remember that this syntax has to be applied using TYPE=REPORT. Also remember that you can use column names in place of column references (e.g. RETAIL_COST instead of N4 in this report)

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN, SQUEEZE=ON, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, $
TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, FONT='TIMES NEW ROMAN', SIZE=10, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=N1, WIDTH=1.75, WRAP=1.75, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=SEATS, WIDTH=1.0, WRAP=1.0, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=N3, WIDTH=1.0, WRAP=1.0, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=RETAIL_COST, WIDTH=1.0, WRAP=1.0, $
TYPE=TITLE, STYLE=-UNDERLINE, JUSTIFY=CENTER, $
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N1, BACKCOLOR='YELLOW', $
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N2, BACKCOLOR='BLUE', $
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N3, BACKCOLOR='GREEN', $
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N4, BACKCOLOR='RED', $
TYPE=SUBHEAD, BY=1, BACKCOLOR=RGB(153 204 0), $
ENDSTYLE

Doing this often makes the end report more readable and pleasing to the eye of the recipient.

Each component of the report is used to determine the overall width of the report such as heading width, subhead width, sum total width of all the columns. By using the above technique, you control the eventual width of the report such that the sum of the widths of all the columns exceeds the width of the heading.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Prash/Tony,

Prash : I tried that part, it did not work.

Tony : The idea is good, but in my application, there are many columns and if I increase the width, the column may bleed to next page which I dont want.

Can you suggest me some other way??

7.6.4,unix
all output

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try replacing BY=1 with ITEM=1:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
'CAR.BODY.SEATS'
'CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST'
'CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST'
BY 'CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE'

ON CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE SUBHEAD
"Car<+0> "

HEADING
"When I write a Big Heading, then the Subhead of the report bleeds with the heading. Please edit the message to see the difference.FOOTING
""
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='TIMES NEW ROMAN',
SIZE=10,
$
TYPE=TITLE,
COLUMN=N4,
BACKCOLOR='RED',
$
TYPE=TITLE,
COLUMN=N3,
BACKCOLOR='RED',
$
TYPE=TITLE,
COLUMN=N2,
BACKCOLOR='RED',
$
TYPE=TITLE,
COLUMN=N1,
BACKCOLOR='RED',
$
TYPE=SUBHEAD,ITEM=1,
BACKCOLOR=RGB(153 204 0),
$
ENDSTYLE
END

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Dan,

Firstly the HEADING part in the code should be

"When I write a Big Heading, then the Subhead of the report bleeds with the heading. Please edit the message to see the difference."

followed by

FOOTING
" "

It was my mistake, when i copied the code i did not check it properly.

I tried to replace BY=1 with ITEM=1. It did not work as well. I can see the bleeding on the subhead.

7.6.4,unix
all output

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
but in my application, there are many columns and if I increase the width, the column may bleed to next page which I dont want.
.... then change the widths of the columns to be equal to the maximum width of a single page. Do not forget to add it the verious rightgap, leftgap settings etc. to account for the overall width.

Of course, if you have a variable number of columns then this will not provide you with a suitable remedy, but if your report contains a fixed number of columns then this is your best solution.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post