Focal Point
Maintain Reference Material

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4221077331

February 16, 2004, 11:51 AM
<Jacquie>
Maintain Reference Material
Does anyone know of any books/reference material on WebFocus Maintain that is not produced by IBI?

Thanks.
February 19, 2004, 08:23 PM
Bob Jude Ferrante
Not to my knowledge... but have you seen all the material we have done? There are getting started, developing apps, and best practices guides available, also if you have 5.2, check out the tutorials for Update assist in the DevStudio/WebFOCUS Maintain readme file.

If you hear of any other books, let me know, I'll spread the word.
February 20, 2004, 06:22 PM
Maintain Wizard
Very early on, there was a book based on Mainframe Maintain, but it wasn't very accurate. The best source is IBI. There are numerous articles that can be found in the WebFOCUS Newsletter as well as the old System's Journals.
February 21, 2004, 12:02 AM
Vivian
There is a book called WebFOCUS Keysheet which is a quick reference manual to all of the commands in webfocus - There is a section devoted to MAINTAIN in the manual.

This book is published by Aviter, Inc. You can find information about it on the website www.aviter.com.

Vivian Perlmutter
vivian@aviter.com
February 21, 2004, 10:25 AM
<Jacquie>
Thank you all for your responses. Vivian, I will certainly take a look at that book.
I do realize IBI has a tremendous amount of literature (started printing several sections). In past experiences, learning a new language/software, it has always been beneficial to me to have additional reference material. I didn't expect to have as many sources as with Flash/Actionscript, I was just hoping for something else.

Thanks again.