Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] WF8 XLSX invalid file format or file extension error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] WF8 XLSX invalid file format or file extension error
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
We recently migrated to WF8 and are experiencing issues with XLSX reports. Using a simple request like so:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT 
     CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX
END

We get an error saying Excel cannot open the file ... because the file format or file extension is not valid ...

I have tried changing all the redirection settings for .xlsx to no avail. Currently it is to to redirect NO save YES. Has anyone else experienced this difficulty? EXL2K works fine.

-J

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Try throwing this into your program

SET EXCELSERVURL = ''

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks MattC, that was just what I needed.

-J

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
SET EXCELSERVURL = ''

doesn't seem to work from the edasprof.
Does anyone know a way to make this setting global so i don't have to edit every single fex?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi
You can set it from the webfocus client console general settings

Yours

Eran

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

http://www.srl.co.il

Posts: 97 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: November 20, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Admin Console > Configuration > Client Settings > General > IBIF_excelservurl.

In v7.7.05 we set it to "&URL_PROTOCOL://&SERVER_NAME&IBIF_webapp", the initial value.

In v8.0.08 we set it to blank.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yep, i did that, Frankie.
that's what i needed to know... where in the wfac to look and what to look for.
thanks.

works with IE9
doesn't work with IE8
its Oracle Access Manager that is breaking it.
on our servers that haven't had OAM put on yet, it works fine in IE8 too.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
"IE8"? And I thought we were living in the past with IE9.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
i'm still writing in 768
yes i'm sooooo old